Pentax DAL 55-300mm kit lens pics

mikestation

Jun 2, 2010
Went to an opera show by Korean vocalists last night. First time bringing my Pentax Kx kit lens 55-300mm to 'test power'. It has been in cold storage for some time due to its size. Want to share some pics with you guys.

Pictures were taken handheld, no flash (not allowed). No special settings or skills, just point and snap for where I was sitting. I just wanted to see how the lens perform.

IMGP4519.JPG

IMGP4534.JPG

IMGP4539.JPG

IMGP4570.JPG

IMGP4551.JPG

A couple more...

IMGP4584.JPG

IMGP4586.JPG

IMGP4591.JPG

And one to test power of the ISO 12800.

IMGP4543.JPG

Pretty satisfied with the kit lens. Blur is likely due to my handshake with that long lens. Focusing was pretty responsive. But then again the lighting wasn't too challenging.

Thanks for looking.

Were you sitting quite far?

Not too far... this is as far as the 300mm fully stretched.

IMGP4558.JPG

Good enough!:thumbsup:super value!

Thanks for the postings. the camera & lens performance is good. did you use high iso (like 1600) for the shots?

Went to an opera show by Korean vocalists last night. First time bringing my Pentax Kx kit lens 55-300mm to 'test power'. It has been in cold storage for some time due to its size. Want to share some pics with you guys.

Pictures were taken handheld, no flash (not allowed). No special settings or skills, just point and snap for where I was sitting. I just wanted to see how the lens perform.

IMGP4519.JPG

IMGP4534.JPG

IMGP4539.JPG

IMGP4570.JPG

IMGP4551.JPG

nice, what are the settings?
ISO? Shutter speed? Aperture?

ISO 1600 to 3200. Except the ISO 12800 one as mentioned. I used Tv between 1/80 to 1/125. I suppose the Kx chose the widest aperture it can cope with the zoom length.

Time to used the lens more often.

Well done!
Happy to see that the lens delivered for you :)

wow nice pictures. ain't the snapping sound loud?

Hahaha oh yes i think the auntie beside me jumped a bit each time the mirror slapped. :bsmilie:

given that the auto-focus in the k-x needs the flash, its quite interesting that they allowed you to shoot in the theatre .. unless there was enough lighting that the flash was not required?

stage performances are actually very well lit, more than sufficient for autofocus to work..
in fact, u can even shoot in excess of 1/100sec

here are some of my own shots with this gem

IMGP7187.jpg

IMGP7190.jpg

IMGP8317.jpg

IMGP7471.jpg

IMGP7535.jpg

well correct - the stage itself will be well lit, but the area where the audience sits is generally dark and unlit...

i have always wondered whether fast shutters would work... never tried it myself... maybe time to go to a boring show where i can focus on the camera and not the performance ;p

yes it was very well lit, didn't need the flash to focus.

concentrate too much on testing lens, didn't pay much attention to the performance. ;p

yes it was very well lit, didn't need the flash to focus.

concentrate too much on testing lens, didn't pay much attention to the performance. ;p

just got my copy from an owner who didnt need the range, the lens really produce sharp pictures! Thank God I didnt go for the tamron 70-300.

just got my copy from an owner who didnt need the range, the lens really produce sharp pictures! Thank God I didnt go for the tamron 70-300.

Congrats on the 55-300mm, though I'm frankly surprised anyone would want to sell it. It is sharp, the colors are great and the price is affordable. Definitely a keeper.

4808511923_326ef58e46_o.jpg

K-7 DA 55-300mm

Congrats on the 55-300mm, though I'm frankly surprised anyone would want to sell it. It is sharp, the colors are great and the price is affordable. Definitely a keeper.

4808511923_326ef58e46_o.jpg

K-7 DA 55-300mm

ya I arranged to meet him the moment he sms me. Anyway the lens came with original hood and a filter.

Then again i am sure not everyone need such range.

some bird pics from dal 55-300

IMGP1068.jpg

IMGP1063.jpg

IMGP1056.jpg

IMGP1046.jpg