Pentax DA35mm/2.8 Macro Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for this lens. It's in my lens buying list.:bsmilie: Wonder when will it be available. Thanks for sharing berry.

i have 3 other lens still on my wish list...plus maybe a K200D...now this :mad2: i guess i have to start eating grass...:bsmilie:

I thought you already bought a number of lenses already and you still have 3 more to collect??? :bigeyes: OK you're forgiven, LBA is an incurable disease.

i have 3 other lens still on my wish list...plus maybe a K200D...now this :mad2: i guess i have to start eating grass...:bsmilie:

Thanks to the weather here.

That makes you have enough fresh green grass to eat everyday.

:D

:)) ... Certainly LBA inducing thread. And yes, this is part of my LBA wanted list... Thanks for sharing.

I didn't know a 35mm Macro lens can do this...

20080321da35mm_1s.jpg

I think this is what you will typically get out of a 35mm ...

20080321da35mm_3s.jpg

Anyone saw it on sale in Amazon or BHP? Or better still in Singapore?

I guess this macro lens is good for product shoot at a close range?
Never own one macro so ain too sure how different does a macro lens behave as compared to a normal lens.

Edit : I think it is available for pre-order over here and maybe the same (pre-order? or maybe available already?) over here.

Anyone saw it on sale in Amazon or BHP? Or better still in Singapore?

i think it is released in Japan last week. So hope it will be available here soon.

i think it is released in Japan last week. So hope it will be available here soon.

My Jap friend got his already (pre-ordered his). Unfortunately the price has crept up.

D**n.... seems like it always happen in this ever-so-low-supply market of Pentax lenses...
Expect this lens to be priced at a premium once it is available locally for the first batch.

Fa 35 macro shots posted here are stunning!! I really enjoy viewing the images here.

Now I am suffering relapse of LBA

I think you meant DA LE 35mm Macro.

The pictures posted are from http://insomnia.cocolog-nifty.com

Yes, incredible.. can't wait for the lens to arrive in Singapore. I think it's likely to be arnd 700-800 SGD.

Apart from the pancake design ..of the DA35mm f2.8..wouldn't a FA35 F2.0 produces better IQ than the DA35mm F2.8.. shud u want a smooth lens try the FA31mm f1.9

Apart from the pancake design ..of the DA35mm f2.8..wouldn't a FA35 F2.0 produces better IQ than the DA35mm F2.8.. shud u want a smooth lens try the FA31mm f1.9

A macro lens is typically optimized for maximum sharpness at close focusing distances and usually resolve fine detail very well. In addition it is flat field corrected and distortion control in macro lenses is very good. The FA35 is a stop faster and certainly a sharp lens but if I had to choose, I would opt for the DA35 Macro. It's the versatility of focusing closer versus lens speed. Plus the build quality is likely to be good.

I'm not concerned if the DA35 Macro is a "pancake" or not. All short primes are small enough that the size issue is irrelevant in my opinion. As a macro, it would make a fantastic lens for product, food, still life and flower photography and the focal length is useful as a walkaround prime at normal shooting distances.

This neew lens is a dedicated 1:1 macro lens... while the focal lenth is same as FA35, the details it can capture in close range is something FA35 cannot acheive.

This neew lens is a dedicated 1:1 macro lens... while the focal lenth is same as FA35, the details it can capture in close range is something FA35 cannot acheive.

Possible, but you'll need to add an extension tube for the FA35 to come close to 1:1 magnification. The FA35 might actually have an edge when focusing due to the larger maximum aperture but the DA35 image quality would likely be better.

There are some comparison shots with DA35 and FA35 from this Japanese user here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.