Pentax DA Limited Lens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjbyeo

May 5, 2006
East
Guys, with the slew of new DA limited or DA* Primes coming, and with Full Frame DSLRs coming sooner than later, we seem to have forgot the 3 pancake lenses that's been the staple for a while...

Just wanted to share with you some amateurish photos of the lenses.. And perhaps anyone's who have or had own them before, may want to post pictures they have taken with these lenses ... ;)

DA 21mm f3.2
IMGP8494.JPG

DA 40mm f2.8
IMGP8495.JPG

DA 70mm f2.4
IMGP8498.JPG

Pentax DA Limited currently available line up
IMGP8500.JPG

Don't you just love them! :lovegrin:

Sorry, didn't use a macro lens, crop a lot of it, and under exposed... ISO 800 as well. End up, have to bring the highlight pretty high, and also added some sharpening (from Picasa though).

A Pentax DA 40mm on a K100D
IMGP7801.JPG

DA 40mm with my K10D GP!

IMGP7140.JPG

alright!lets not forget the pancakes

2241163453_37e21bf544.jpg

Thanks fengwei for letting me try this
2230843612_38818fa1d9.jpg

I realised i use them most of the time together with my DS. Small and light. Here's my Ltds with DS.:)

IMGP3104.JPG

I realised i use them most of the time together with my DS. Small and light. Here's my Ltds with DS.:)

IMGP3104.JPG

Indeed, that's exactly why we bought the pancakes ?! Nice and compact with our pentax DSLRs..

Taken with the DA 21mm f3.2 (aperture - f4, shutter speed - 1/500)
IMGP8063.jpg

This is shot at the 'garden of fame' near ihub, Jurong East. Love the trees.. simply by the fact that every branch starts to branch upwards. Made me think why these guest of honour planted these trees... maybe it's just representing that their career will keep on rising!!! :> Anyways, love this pancake limited lens.. absolutely sharp!

Taken with the DA 21mm f3.2 (aperture - f8, shutter speed - 1/45)
IMGP8429.jpg

Made a trip to the Sentosa Flower Festival 2008 with my friends and definitely a very useful lens to have with you! I had the FA 100mm f3.5 on my k10D (for the flowers) and the DA 21mm with my K100D (for walk around pictures!)...

Taken with the DA 40mm along Clarke Quay... (f4.0, 1/15s, and handheld)

IMGP7177.JPG

It's so tempting!!! :)

Too bad, I am jobless for the time being, otherwise, would dig my bank "reserve" to get another lens. :bsmilie:

heheh that time touch your 40mm... cannot forget the feel, so sturdy and awesome :D I think the pancakes look really damn good on the *ist DS but on the K10D er abit... funny ;p Bloody good lens anyway, if got money sure get one haha

For owners of DA21, I have a question.
How do you use a 43mm filter? 49mm is easy to understand, but I cant figure out the 43mm part.

Indeed, that's exactly why we bought the pancakes ?! Nice and compact with our pentax DSLRs..

Taken with the DA 21mm f3.2 (aperture - f4, shutter speed - 1/500)
IMGP8063.jpg

This is shot at the 'garden of fame' near ihub, Jurong East. Love the trees.. simply by the fact that every branch starts to branch upwards. Made me think why these guest of honour planted these trees... maybe it's just representing that their career will keep on rising!!! :> Anyways, love this pancake limited lens.. absolutely sharp!

Taken with the DA 21mm f3.2 (aperture - f8, shutter speed - 1/45)
IMGP8429.jpg

Made a trip to the Sentosa Flower Festival 2008 with my friends and definitely a very useful lens to have with you! I had the FA 100mm f3.5 on my k10D (for the flowers) and the DA 21mm with my K100D (for walk around pictures!)...
sory, i don't get the sharp feel from ur pics. is it because of resizing?

The DA pancakes are indeed very special lenses. I've had them all, and more than twice actaully. Here are some photos taken by the DA21 (first three are wide open):

IMGP0916_s.jpg

IMGP0927_s.jpg

IMGP0988_s.jpg

IMGP0948_s.jpg

IMGP0944_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.