Pentax D FA* 70-200/2.8 and HD D FA 150-450/4.5-5 Are Coming...

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
It's more or less confirmed already. Two new lenses are coming:

Source:

http://digicame-info.com/2015/02/hd-pentax-d-fa70-200mm-f28pent.html

D FA★70-200mm F2.8

pentax_dfa70-200f28_001.jpg

HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6

pentax_dfa150-450f45-56_001.jpg

Last edited:
Yesssssss.....;-)

That's good news. The wait for the new generation of DA* lenses is finally coming to an end. =)

Just hope that cp+ Ricoh give us a surprise Pentax FF with 24-70 and 70-200 to start with ;)

With the release of D-FA is a sign of FF is on the way

Sure hope the FF will be true and soon.....

Hopefully, they will announce more stuff at CP+

HD PENTAX-D FA★70-200mm F2.8

confirmed, time to get ready for full frame either cp+ or 2015-Sep,

I guess not at CP+, most likely end 2015. Hope this time Pentax won't delay it further.

Really nice looking. I guess the dfa150-450 is without HD. Hope the price is not sky high ;)
*correction...yup with HD

Last edited:
hope they price it competitively,

Is the current 100mm macro WR FF compatible ?

would be nice if they also reissue the FA85mm and FA24mm to D-FA version...

Yes, the 100mm WR macro is FF compatible. It's also one of the few D FA lenses.

Wow! Nice looking lenses. I have waited for Pentax to go FF for so long that I have lost patience with Pentax and jumped ship. I've taken many memorable images with Pentax but I'm getting old and squinting thru an APS-C viewfinder isn't ideal for me. Sadly as much as I'd like to stay with Pentax, I just lost patience waiting for the long rumoured Pentax FF to become reality. Maybe a new generation of Pentax FFers will emerge from this new announcement.

Wow! Nice looking lenses. I have waited for Pentax to go FF for so long that I have lost patience with Pentax and jumped ship. I've taken many memorable images with Pentax but I'm getting old and squinting thru an APS-C viewfinder isn't ideal for me. Sadly as much as I'd like to stay with Pentax, I just lost patience waiting for the long rumoured Pentax FF to become reality. Maybe a new generation of Pentax FFers will emerge from this new announcement.

Hi Dennis,

Long time no see. Jumped to Fuji? or Sony Alpha 7?

Let me guess ..... you jumped to Nikon?

Let me guess ..... you jumped to Nikon?

Yes... I've gone over to Nikon. Very satisfied with my D610. Enough megapixels, nice images, not too heavy, plentiful lenses and not too much on the pocket. I've been an old 35mm shooter so dead easy getting used to the angle of view of FF lenses. :bsmilie:

Yes... I've gone over to Nikon. Very satisfied with my D610. Enough megapixels, nice images, not too heavy, plentiful lenses and not too much on the pocket. I've been an old 35mm shooter so dead easy getting used to the angle of view of FF lenses. :bsmilie:

Dennis didn't you switch from Nikon film camera years ago?

It's more or less confirmed already. Two new lenses are coming:

Source:

http://digicame-info.com/2015/02/hd-pentax-d-fa70-200mm-f28pent.html

D FA★70-200mm F2.8

Good thing for sure is that its no more 2 PVC piping they asked some plumber to cut for them :D
Competition is stiff for these 2 focal lengths, the cheap option like Tamron/Sigma 70-200/2.8 and Sigma 150-500 has always been attractive on price.
These 2 lenses got to prove themselves optically for sure.

That 150-450 is so irresistible. Got to hit the gym if I am ever going to hand hold that 2kg beast.