Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+

felixcat8888 said:
Did anyone read this at PF?

The peple at PF are over the hill about the news, but I do not see a concrete answer to the question of a Full Frame camera being ready by 2014.

Pentax Confirms Full-Frame Plans at CP+ - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Yea... FF is confirmed. Next question is when? :)

There's also a posting in PF indicating Pentax collaborate with Tokina on FF lens....

good job, just one more year to wait.

LoL!!

This is good news AND bad news..

Good news: Pentax is finally making a FF!!

Bad news: As much as the emphasis has always been around "want" compared to "need" of a FF, c'mon!!! Sooner or later, us the slightly more seasoned Pentaxian will WANT a FF.
Therefore, we shall all stop buying anymore of the current Pentax offerings and await the FF!

:p Well, at least that's what I am gonna do... Hee!

LoL!!

This is good news AND bad news..

Good news: Pentax is finally making a FF!!

Bad news: As much as the emphasis has always been around "want" compared to "need" of a FF, c'mon!!! Sooner or later, us the slightly more seasoned Pentaxian will WANT a FF.
Therefore, we shall all stop buying anymore of the current Pentax offerings and await the FF!

:p Well, at least that's what I am gonna do... Hee!

Eh, so you need to squirrel some money until the time comes. If and when FF comes, I will get the FA31, which everyone has been trying to poison me to get. Until then, I am happy with my DA*16-50, 50-135, DA 18-135 and DFA100. Not forgetting the FA43&77. kekeke

For all those whom I have been telling that my next camera is the K5IIs, I spent that halfway point $$ on a DA*50-135 which was to good to pass up.

Last edited:
Didn't we read/hear the same 'news' last year, and the year before? I won't believe it even after they show us a prototype (like the MZ-S mock-up quite a few years ago).

Get us a working pre-production set then I'd say YEAH ;p

Last edited:
haha... come out then say la.... me old liao...:bsmilie:

PF owner is very good at stirring up FF rumours/psuedo-info.
Sometimes, I wonder if its just for fun or to generate more traffic for his site.

I'd wait for the usual guy on CS who has more accurate info (proven after so many years). ;)

When a FF comes, of course I'd be very happy and buy one.
But I'd take PF info with some salt....thats all. (fingers crossed of course) :)

What is happening at PF is just a reprise of previous FF rumours and a rehash of half-baked unsubstantiated claims.
Like Fengwei has stated, I'll believe it only when a working prototype is unveiled.
PF has to stir up things because it needs to create a buzz, whether real or intended.
A lot written on PF needs a big dose of salt.
As far as accuracy and advanced info on Pentax, I would look closer to home. ;)

What is happening at PF is just a reprise of previous FF rumours and a rehash of half-baked unsubstantiated claims.
Like Fengwei has stated, I'll believe it only when a working prototype is unveiled.
PF has to stir up things because it needs to create a buzz, whether real or intended.
A lot written on PF needs a big dose of salt.
As far as accuracy and advanced info on Pentax, I would look closer to home. ;)

I fully agree!

Hee... I only hope that they will take into consideration for current users who has invested in the current line of DA lenses and allows crop mode as an option. Even up to Q mount! :D

It would be beneficial for a user as it allows one to fully utilize and consider his/her lens lineup; birding in crop mode, portrait in FF, Q for even longer reach. :p

Hee... I only hope that they will take into consideration for current users who has invested in the current line of DA lenses and allows crop mode as an option. Even up to Q mount! :D

It would be beneficial for a user as it allows one to fully utilize and consider his/her lens lineup; birding in crop mode, portrait in FF, Q for even longer reach. :p

sir, you are truly an optimist...;)

Anyway..this is what i found.
[video=youtube_share;wQk4ZkYVzVo]http://youtu.be/wQk4ZkYVzVo[/video]
:)

Anyway..this is what i found.
[video=youtube_share;wQk4ZkYVzVo]http://youtu.be/wQk4ZkYVzVo[/video]
:)

Reading the transcribed subtitles... it just looks like they think they should make a FF. That opinion in the company is split, but most people are coming around to supporting FF. Nothing about releasing a FF in 2014 - i think it's a desperate attempt to drive traffic to their site.

Make a FF GXR mount!!! That one can come first ... ;-)

you can only shoot with a camera you have in your hand..not a one that has not been developed yet...

Even a Q in hand is better than 2 pentax FF which has not been developed yet...

Reading the transcribed subtitles... it just looks like they think they should make a FF. That opinion in the company is split, but most people are coming around to supporting FF. Nothing about releasing a FF in 2014 - i think it's a desperate attempt to drive traffic to their site.

Asian culture...
YES means NO???:think:

HYPY13 said:
sir, you are truly an optimist...;)

LoL! I sure am! But really, just interested to know what will it look like. Wonder how huge it'll be... Haha!

Edit: Here's my agenda, Pentax outs a FF, I'm hoping many will buy it.. Then I can buy the Da lenses for cheap! Hahaha!!

Last edited: