Pentax Aug Outing - 16AUG -Macro at Botanical Gardens Photo Sharing

All my photo this time were taken by the Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 Macro K mount lens in combination with the Pentax 1.4x rear converter.

Wow, nice shots as always.. :)

All my photo this time were taken by the Vivitar 55/2.8 1:1 Macro K mount lens in combination with the Pentax 1.4x rear converter.
20450229560_ffcd9bff31_b.jpg
[/CENTER]

Oohh La La !!! pops out !

Good to see you guys again..
Some from D610+ sigma 105mm

#01 interesting Q-setup

#2 flower & dragonfly

#3 hunting for honey

#4 simple flower

#5 Spider

#06 king fisher

#07 hanging flower

#08 dragon fly

#09 grasshopper

#10 plants

sorry, I could not join in sunday but those of your shots are fantastic indeed. Always see new ways of taking macro, especially JK, set-up. I would have brought a yongnuo ring flash to test if I were there.

Anyway, keep it up, coz there are just too many beautiful shots to complement. keep coming and thanks for your beautiful photos coz its an encouragement for macro lovers alike;)

sorry, I could not join in sunday but those of your shots are fantastic indeed. Always see new ways of taking macro, especially JK, set-up. I would have brought a yongnuo ring flash to test if I were there.

Anyway, keep it up, coz there are just too many beautiful shots to complement. keep coming and thanks for your beautiful photos coz its an encouragement for macro lovers alike;)

No problems.
There is always next time.
Next time we try Casurina Rd, 4pm-6pm.
Then Sunset at the Reservoir.
Finally, walk up to the Zhi Char place for good dinner. :)

HMMM. a Pentaxian outing with only one participant wearing a Pentax shirt...:eek:

[/QUOTE]

There's a new Pentax T being sold by Uniqlo.
Its on sale right now IIRC.

I was supposed to pick it up during the outing actually.

Last edited:

I was supposed to pick it up during the outing actually.

Wow...am going to get one then 👍 thanks for the info 😊

No problems.
There is always next time.
Next time we try Casurina Rd, 4pm-6pm.
Then Sunset at the Reservoir.
Finally, walk up to the Zhi Char place for good dinner. :)

I was supposed to pick it up during the outing actually.[/QUOTE]

It was available in Singapore , i think 2 months ago. Only found out in the afternoon at EOY 2015 as someone was wearing it!!!!!!!

No insects shots as I was late, join for breakfast before a small group of pentaxian proceed to the National Orchid Garden for some shots and sightseeing. First time into the place.

K3 with DFA100WR

As this is my second Macro shots, let me start with noob photos as an opening.

Due to my noobie manual focusing skill, pls bear with me on below either slight out of focus and unsharp photos. ;)

20598133206_80fe14c0e0_n.jpg

20631014181_e47846aef6_n.jpg

20624385185_13b8b23224_n.jpg

20631014051_9f0dcc78ce_n.jpg

Nice n well captured.. Like a pro already

Otc

Thank you Ranchy and Philip. :)

I must agreed with JK that it is very difficult to find interesting insects at both sides of Botanic Garden. Here are few more shots from me.

20611963066_bffaa7b1e0_b.jpg

20450223170_6735d04284_b.jpg

20450205818_0d91680bb0_b.jpg

Nice n well captured.. Like a pro already

Otc

Thanks for your kind encouragement, bro... I do know the areas tht I really need to improve on and 1 of them is get a real Macro lens. =P

Thanks for your kind encouragement, bro... I do know the areas tht I really need to improve on and 1 of them is get a real Macro lens. =P

Yes I agree on a dedicated macro lens n vivitar 55 macro is great at affordable cost ��

And ranchy, your orchids are fantastic. Chipvn, nice insects captured too.

Otc

Yes I agree on a dedicated macro lens n vivitar 55 macro is great at affordable cost ��

And ranchy, your orchids are fantastic. Chipvn, nice insects captured too.

Otc

Thanks Marcus and also Herry.. :)

Thanks to JK for organising this outing . Its been awhile since i last shoot macro. Hence the outing was timely to allow me to take my macro lens for some workout. I was at the other end of the garden, visitor centre. hence did not join you guys for the insects shoot. nonetheless, i turned up at the Orchid Garden and did some macro work there. my contributions are below.

DSC01800 by maverick_h, on Flickr