Pentax 645Z

otc

Feb 8, 2006
www.flickr.com
Untitled by luctomar, on Flickr

took this with Pentax 645Z full set extension tube and A120 macro f4, with flash and iso 800. uncropped

First time posting in this section. ;)..A few owners of pentax 645Z here aldy.

otc

Hi! OTC,

I am surprised to see these images you posted from Pentax 645ZD. The images are crispy. Did you use flash lighting for these shots?What's the size of the RAW file? Pentax is one of the least known of choice for professional. I don't know why? Do you use this system for professional work or just hobby?

I have the Phase One P65+ with the 645 camera system. But at the same time, I also have a set of the Leica S system. Does anyone
in this forum use the Leica S? Or do you have friends who use the Leica S? Although the RAW file stands at 37.5mb, the images are very very sharp.I have also enclosed herewith a photo taken with the Leica S, 30-90mm lens on ISO800. The grain from the ISO800 can be seen on the monitor with our naked eyes. However I find this grain is still acceptable. It reminds me of the old days - grain from film.

Cheers!

KaikeongView attachment 8062

crop 50 pecent by young hing, on Flickr

PP lightroom by young hing, on Flickr

There were 20 over sets of Pentax 645Z sold locally, according to local distributor. The brand seems quiet and non existence here.:D

otc

Same in the other camps as well ......... the popularity and prestige once associated with MF suddenly dwindled to nothing ..... :)

very nice macro shots with great quality shots.
I was looking browsing yesterday for more info on this camera and I saw the SMC645 400mm lens meant for this camera,can I check for 400mm is it equivalent to FF 400mm size or wider on the 645?

very nice macro shots with great quality shots.
I was looking browsing yesterday for more info on this camera and I saw the SMC645 400mm lens meant for this camera,can I check for 400mm is it equivalent to FF 400mm size or wider on the 645?

To get to FF 'equivalent' FL, x0.8
So roughly 320mm

To get to FF 'equivalent' FL, x0.8
So roughly 320mm

ok thanks.
probably good for landscapes than birding.
Iam keen to see birding done with medium format and the lens they used,anybody has any link to show? I only managed to see some samples from DP and Pentax forum but not enough for me to conclude anything.

Last edited:
Hi! OTC,

I am surprised to see these images you posted from Pentax 645ZD. The images are crispy. Did you use flash lighting for these shots?What's the size of the RAW file? Pentax is one of the least known of choice for professional. I don't know why? Do you use this system for professional work or just hobby?

I have the Phase One P65+ with the 645 camera system. But at the same time, I also have a set of the Leica S system. Does anyone
in this forum use the Leica S? Or do you have friends who use the Leica S? Although the RAW file stands at 37.5mb, the images are very very sharp.I have also enclosed herewith a photo taken with the Leica S, 30-90mm lens on ISO800. The grain from the ISO800 can be seen on the monitor with our naked eyes. However I find this grain is still acceptable. It reminds me of the old days - grain from film.

Cheers!

KaikeongView attachment 8062

Hello Kai keong,

I am doing mainly macro or close-up. gotten most of the necessary gear for that specifically. From hobby to trying to sell and do sell to some small groups of Christian, with biblical words or promises of God inserted in the flowers or insects...s till exploring on how and what to go about.... quite a long way to learn but taking it slowly.

I shot mostly in jpeg and its 20 over M pixels and if raw I think its 30 plus, I am not sure. sometimes I shot in raw and jpeg but for processing, I use the jpeg and kept the raw ones. I know I should be processing the raw but.......

iso 800 to iso 1600 is Ok for 645Z but in the event of printing, will need to use lightroom to reduce noise or sharpen it a little.

I shot most of my macro with flash light. stacking as per normal is with tripod and still subjects and I do stacking with dragon fly or spiders in the field.

For birding, 645Z, there is a manual lens A600 f5.6 for 645 and if you are keen, it can be purchased for less than 3K I think. Just goolge Ating (his nickname)pentax forums marketplace and that is a good lens for bird but its in Manual mode, A priority wth AF.

645Z sensor is cropped 44 x 33. 51M pixels and buffer is quite good. AF is 3 frames per secs. I do most of my shots in M mode.
untitled--52 by young hing, on Flickr

took this with A120 macro 1 full set extention tubes, reverse ring fa 24 f2, with flash light stacked 20 over images.

otc

otc

Same in the other camps as well ......... the popularity and prestige once associated with MF suddenly dwindled to nothing ..... :)

Prestige??? not so sure if it comes with it but it its a bungalow yes la;)

I enjoy macro and I owned pentax about 10 macro lenses all in all I think, including A200 f4 and voigtlander macro and that is becos I enjoy macro, wanting to experiment different focal length, the difference and bokeh it produces.

Hey, maybe we should have a meet up with Kai Keong, to fiddle and fondle and different camera makes and lenses, something different from pentax offering. JK(pinholecamera) included and those who wants to come as most of us often gather to meet.;)

What say you.Zenten? JK and other Kakis..:bsmilie:

otc

Prestige??? not so sure if it comes with it but it its a bungalow yes la;)

I enjoy macro and I owned pentax about 10 macro lenses all in all I think, including A200 f4 and voigtlander macro and that is becos I enjoy macro, wanting to experiment different focal length, the difference and bokeh it produces.

Hey, maybe we should have a meet up with Kai Keong, to fiddle and fondle and different camera makes and lenses, something different from pentax offering. JK(pinholecamera) included and those who wants to come as most of us often gather to meet.;)

What say you.Zenten? JK and other Kakis..:bsmilie:

otc

Creepy crawlies not really my cuppa tea .......it's different if the subjects are a bit more intriguing ....... I think you know what I mean .......;)

Creepy crawlies not really my cuppa tea .......it's different if the subjects are a bit more intriguing ....... I think you know what I mean .......;)

I know I know ladies model is your forte.:bsmilie:

Ok trying to chase you away...with this one:bsmilie:

2015-06-08_15-18-23 M=C - Copy-002 by young hing, on Flickr

67 100 f4 macro and adapter with more than 1 full set extension tubes. flash light and tripod.

otc

Last edited:
I know I know ladies model is your forte.:bsmilie:

Ok trying to chase you away...with this one:bsmilie:

2015-06-08_15-18-23 M=C - Copy-002 by young hing, on Flickr

67 100 f4 macro and adapter with more than 1 full set extension tubes. flash light and tripod.

otc

Bro, if there is chance, I will introduce you to Lulu and Suzie ......they will change the way you use your macro lens .............. :bsmilie:

Lulu and suzie, think I will luv it, afterall I have the 67 104 f 2.4 lens .;)

Ok took this 44 shots. 10 cents coin.

not process jpeg from software.
singapore ten cents coin by young hing, on Flickr

67 100 f4 macro lens with about 50mm tubes and life size adapter.

otc