Pentax 645Z Medium Format Digital Camera Officially Announced

moth by luctomar, on Flickr

A35 mm with two tubes about 65mm with flash and liveview cos working distance is too close, maybe about 1 cm.

marcus

Last edited:
Donald, are you back from oversea posting?

Ok, got some keepers this time cos this Js was posing for me in various angles, seems tamed. So i took 20 over shots with flash light and so some are very sharp without PP. Will try to post some others later.

I like the way you cropped the shot, kind of compose it as well;).

Took this in alexandra hospital buttrfly park but could not find butt evening time.

Quite a rare find for Js to be almost still, curioius and looking at my direction.:)

marcus

still overseas but coming back for visit in december :) will call u, meet for kopi.

still overseas but coming back for visit in december :) will call u, meet for kopi.

Noted, will catch by then Donald.

a micro in the midst of macro by luctomar, on Flickr

A crop "micro in the midst of macro" a little fly captured without me knowing.

IMGP2431-001 by luctomar, on Flick
taken with A 120 macro with full set of tubes.

marcus

Gotten some personal tutorial on post processing from JK and Bernard Yeo. Just want to thank these two Sifu for their time on PP.

Light room, ok tried one here.

pentax 645Z 120 macro lens by luctomar, on Flickr

upgraded from Picassa, haha..

still I think the image is sharp itself. shot at f4, wanting the bokeh.

marcus

Gotten some personal tutorial on post processing from JK and Bernard Yeo. Just want to thank these two Sifu for their time on PP.

https://flic.kr/p/p9zHoJpentax 645Z 120 macro lens by luctomar, on Flickr

marcus

Thumbs up...wish i strike toto...haha

marcus

After handling the camera on Sat, I think its a fantastic camera and a winner for Pentax.
Its not really that big nor heavy wrt some of the 135 format options out there.
Really top end wrt to medium format options with its usability which is more like a DSLR than a Medium format camera.

ISO100, was incredibly low noise.
Very impressive.

After handling the camera on Sat, I think its a fantastic camera and a winner for Pentax.
Its not really that big nor heavy wrt some of the 135 format options out there.
Really top end wrt to medium format options with its usability which is more like a DSLR than a Medium format camera.

ISO100, was incredibly low noise.
Very impressive.

tks for your time, 3 children and I understand time is precious especially all are growing, youngest being a yr old. I appreciate your time and Bernard as well for coming down to yishun.

I also notice you have 3 big dry cabinet housing lots of lenses and camera body. I have only 2 boxes. Letting go some lense to fund 645Z, should not be a problem, if you are willing to let go some exotic lenses.;)

Good for portraiture I am sure. and Bernard Yeo, letting go, your L lenses??:bsmilie::bsmilie:

marcus

IMGP3412 by luctomar, on Flickr

post process with lightroom 5.6.

actual image, very dark cos its about 7 pm taken without flash. Interesting how lightroom could enhance the final image. seems a lot of features to explore.

marcus

Reactions: detritus
can lock this thread already.

I shall be posting in the discussion of technical info of images.

tks.

marcus

StarHub TVB Award 2014's photos taken with Pentax 645Z & DFA 55mm f2.8 :

JPEG straight from camera :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124687600@N05/sets/72157648302133120/

Crop JPEG images (no sharpening):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124687600@N05/sets/72157648308794560/

Wow... I thought OTC is the only lonely guy here. :D

Nice you of the MP to get both environmental and tighter portrait type shot. :)