Pentax 645D Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree not all new products will yield the same profitability. maybe they have other motives to it? opening a new market for future expansion maybe?

nah...how is that even possible? a product that cripple the company financially? you must be kidding. you think Pentax launch products without any market analysis done? their management is probably more concern with their profits than average consumers like us.

even if it doesnt sell well, it will never cripple the company financially.

yes i kidding, still it will take a toll on them...got a feeling this is pentax way of showing off they had the mean to come up with mf... they should have a afforable ff first and released more fa lenses instead of the Da lenses

"Selling one of my collection to get ready for the new 645D (yeah, I know it's gonna cost a lot more, but every dollar counts)."
;)
ill be waiting for your stuffs at BnS section!;)

If I sell my entire collection, I think i can make it for the 645D but probably with no lens for it. Lol.
yours also

this is nice :lovegrin: i really hope you guys sell your stuffs haha!

ill be waiting for your stuffs at BnS section!;)

yours also

this is nice :lovegrin: i really hope you guys sell your stuffs haha!

I'm not selling any of my stuff, no money even for K-7, sticking with the K20D! The quote I put up is attributed to Fengwei. :)

not to spoil the joyous mood
hope this 645 launch won't cripple Pentax financially ...how many of u here will buy it?

645D is not aimed for guys like us poor guys, but for serious hobbyists and pros. But w/ 645D, Pentax just showed us that they can do it if they are willing to. That's the confidence many users here needed to stay w/ Pentax brand :)

hope this 645 launch won't cripple Pentax financially ...how many of u here will buy it?

645 MF on film has been Pentax bread and butter, perhaps even more so than 35mm film cameras.

Its in fact a safer route to go for. The FF market is saturated. The pros who absolutely needed it went to CaNikon long ago, so does anyone who simply has the cash and believes 'best' quality is dependent on branding and price. The wannabies and very serious amateurs have Sony in their A850. The rest of us have no money for digital FF from any brand (ie. a minimum $3k body). MF jumps over this scuffle where competition is less and more expensive.

As far as I can see, it certainly does not affect us much other than the fact that when ppl ask me "Er... you use Pentax? Do they have FF?" I can say "No, but they have MF" :D

ewww, PENTAX. I dun know that... issit good?

normal quotes from people who haven't been touched by the magical K-7 and K-x. :)

I'm not selling any of my stuff, no money even for K-7, sticking with the K20D! The quote I put up is attributed to Fengwei. :)
ow yeh yeh. i forgot to change the name. ill be waiting for his stuffs

Last edited:
645 MF on film has been Pentax bread and butter, perhaps even more so than 35mm film cameras.

Its in fact a safer route to go for. The FF market is saturated. The pros who absolutely needed it went to CaNikon long ago, so does anyone who simply has the cash and believes 'best' quality is dependent on branding and price. The wannabies and very serious amateurs have Sony in their A850. The rest of us have no money for digital FF from any brand (ie. a minimum $3k body). MF jumps over this scuffle where competition is less and more expensive.

As far as I can see, it certainly does not affect us much other than the fact that when ppl ask me "Er... you use Pentax? Do they have FF?" I can say "No, but they have MF" :D

I guess Pentax still have to rectify some issues from their cameras before jumping into the FF scene. as we all know FF is pointed more on professionals which demands faster systems. :)

I guess Pentax still have to rectify some issues from their cameras before jumping into the FF scene. as we all know FF is pointed more on professionals which demands faster systems. :)
Based on their lens line-up, I doubt Pentax will release FF.

For 10-15K for a digital camera..even it is MF is still digital image..:nono:
i'm going to learn good PS skill this yr...better for me..:bsmilie:

ya lor.... for 10-15K... can buy a S$1.3k cam, some good prime, go PS lesson, bring wife for holiday and take some great pics, still got change go lim kopi and eat prata.... :lovegrin::p

ya lor.... for 10-15K... can buy a S$1.3k cam, some good prime, go PS lesson, bring wife for holiday and take some great pics, still got change go lim kopi and eat prata.... :lovegrin::p

Agreed! Imagine how many top-tier lenses you could buy with all that cash!

never mind, just poison all the other camps.

FF? we got MF. MF > FF.

then all the happy people will make pentax 发发发!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Any pros here interested? Can offload some stuff in B&S section liao... ;)

Seriously, should we post this in the MF section?

Maybe will bring in more $$$ for Emjay so they can continue the fantastic pricing for both K-x & K7 :bsmilie:

anyone wants to buy my kidney?

26 years old non-smoker. seldom drink. eat healthy and exercise often. just cleared ippt. latest medical checkup was 2 months ago. :bsmilie:

Yup .................. bingo ............. :thumbsup:

anyone wants to buy my kidney?

26 years old non-smoker. seldom drink. eat healthy and exercise often. just cleared ippt. latest medical checkup was 2 months ago. :bsmilie:

..... I will take one pair then ............... for my mee suah ........... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.