Pentax 18-250 available in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brjlk

Nov 15, 2007
Hi All,

Is the Pentax 18-250 lens available in Singapore yet?
If so, which shops have it in stock?

John

no...its not even released in US yet. I think only Japan has it at the moment.
My colleague in Japan now but horrors! I only remembered when he flew off and now I can't reach him...sigh...

Ya this is a gd verstaile all rounder...
Can consider to buy this n sell off my kit lens n DA 50-200mm..
Quite a few US merchants already have stock... Even Pentax Webstore oso selling but currently out of stock..
Check Amazon, if u interested to purchase overseas...

Another alternative is the Tamron version.. Parisilk at Holland Village has it. I think they are selling at $690 with GST :)

Another alternative is the Tamron version.. Parisilk at Holland Village has it. I think they are selling at $690 with GST :)

What a difficult decision. gack.

Nice finding, John. Hopefully it'd be here in SG sooon :)
I emailed Shiro about when will the Pentax 18-250 be available in SG, got no reply. Called them but the phone was always directing my call to the voice mail (I am from Mauritius & doubt they will call me back)
Can anyone (not far from Shiro House) just drop there and ask for the information?

Shriro House, 11 Chang Charn Road, #06-01, S(159640) Electronic mail: General Information: enquiry@shriro.com.sg Opening Hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday)

John

Well i've ask shiro singapore and their reply was not too sure when it's coming. Well i manage to get it from japan. It's about 770sgd after conversion. Slightly pricier then Tammy. But i think it's practically a tammy lens. So if you are not brand conscious then tammy is the same and cheaper too. Oh and the lens is made in japan like the tammy.

So if you are not brand conscious then tammy is the same and cheaper too. Oh and the lens is made in japan like the tammy.

I have compared Tamron & Pentax samples. IMO the Pentax samples look better (little Chromatic aberration) , maybe due to the SMC coating?

Here are Pentax samples
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=25571657
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&thread=25700859

What do you think?
PS. Tamron comes with 3 years warranty, Pentax one year

John

Well I don't really know cause i'm not comparing it with the tammy. But one thing is for sure it's much better optical quality to my sigma 18-200. Sharper and less flare in the tele range. Chromatic aberration is much more obvious compare to the sigma especially in the 18mm range. You just need to zoom like 20mm then it's ok. I haven't had time to fully test it but from what i have initially i kinda like the 18-250. Focusing speed is ok. Kinda like the fa 50mm f1.4 speed. Oh it doesn't have the quickshift like other pentax da lenses.

In the store i manage to have a good look at both the tammy and pentax built quality but did not have a chance to really check out the optical quality of both lenses. They seem to have the same construction (IMO same manufacturer?). Much heavier and better built then sigma 18-200. Only problem is the lens creep. The front element is quite heavy. So i guess the zoom lock is very handy just remember to unlock it when you wanna use the zoom.

Anyway if you have some extra cash then go for pentax. It's slightly pricier then tammy. I may have gotten it at a higher price cause it's the only one in store (Guess i'm a sucker for pentax stuff). Sigh.

Warranty wise i did not think much about it since it is quite hard to find this lens even in the US and Japan. Only saw this lens once in japan and i just bought it without thinking.(Sucker for pentax stuff again). I believe given time pentax will ramp up production and this lens will be much easier to find "someday". If you take into consideration the price and warranty i think the tammy is really value for the money compare to pentax. In other words pentax is slightly pricier but not too much. So it's up to you really.

I'm also waiting for more info for this lens.

Wow bro, you got so many lenses in mind.

hahaha... :D
hahaha bro after seeing the pics of this kens ithink i found a suitable lense for me :)

Item Includes: smc PENTAX-DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 ED AL (IF) Lens, Lens Cap 62mm O-LC62 (31608), Rear Lens Cap B (31006), Lens Hood PH-RBB 62mm (38756), Warranty.

Features: What a range! The smc PENTAX DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 ED AL [IF] interchangeable zoom lens, designed for exclusive use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras, will provide just about all the coverage you'll need. With an approximate 14X zoom ratio covering from wide-angle to super-telephoto ranges, this versatile lens handles a great variety of applications from wide-angle landscapes to close-up sporting events and wildlife photography

52329943.jpg

Hehehe where can we buy this?

hahaha bro after seeing the pics of this kens ithink i found a suitable lense for me :)

Haha bro, that's great. Actually also attracted by this but it seems like beyond budget.

Good luck for your purchase :thumbsup:

Haha bro, that's great. Actually also attracted by this but it seems like beyond budget.

Good luck for your purchase :thumbsup:
will save first to get this one maybe around 600SGD to 700SGD i think..

Status
Not open for further replies.