Pentax 18-135mm vs tamaron 17-45mm f2.8

Wondering which one is better for street and event photography. Anyone can suggest?

You mean Tamron 17-50 F2.8.

Depends on what you want to shoot. I have both the DA*16-50 F2.8 and the DA18-135 WR. If you shoot more events then the F2.8 would be a better choice but if you want to shoot a little further for streets but not events then the 18-135 would do. I have used the 18-135 as my holiday lens and the DA* as my work horse for events.

It really depends on yourself.

Yaya i mean the tamaron 17-50. Actually i feel like wan to buy the 18-135mm as it cover a wider range. I have the 18-55mm kit lens. That why i am wondering should i buy the tamaron as the focal length overlap with the kit lens.

If you buy the 18-135mm it's really overlapping and guess you can sell yr 18-55mm

If it's range issue maybe u can consider a 50-200mm or 55-300mm which u can zoom in more to get details.

If it's due to speed issue and need a faster lens , u can consider tamron 17-50 f2.8 or da 35mm f2.4 or even the da 40mm xs

:)

For event photos, you can't beat a lens like the Tamron 17-50. You really need the speed. A lens like 18-135 is more for travel and bright day photos.

For street photos, I'd go w something like a 40/2.8 pancake or DA35/2.4 for there small sizes and excellent optical performance.

yeah . 17-50mm is really good for events . I used it for most of my events job . Go with a good flash and it will be excellent :)

Wondering which one is better for street and event photography. Anyone can suggest?

Depends how often you use the wide angle and just how much reach you need as Sigma`s 17-70mm f/2.8~f/4.0 is reasonably priced as long do not need f/2.8 at tele end.

Then there is also the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 which trades off the wide angle for f/2.8 at the tele end. This is the workhorse lens for quite a lot of photographers that i know.

A f2.8 zoom is always more versatile for events.
There will be times you might not want to use flash or want more isolation thru DOF control.

That said, if you use flash, a lens like the 18-135 is pretty effective too considering that you can go real close with it even at 135mm.

For streets, which is mainly outdoors in good light, I'd give the advantage to 18-135 for the focal length options.

KelvinChooi said:
I think i will go for tamaron 17-50 then. As i dun think i would need that long focal length. Thanks all of u!

Good choice bro! I'd highly recommend the TAMRON 17-50../2.8! Good all-rounder

Second bro Felix on that... (I have both as well)

But keep in mind the 18-135 is approx. F4.5 at 70Mm, it can still be used in indoor events if u limit the zoom.

but the da* wins every time in sharpness if shot wide open... ;)

You mean Tamron 17-50 F2.8.

Depends on what you want to shoot. I have both the DA*16-50 F2.8 and the DA18-135 WR. If you shoot more events then the F2.8 would be a better choice but if you want to shoot a little further for streets but not events then the 18-135 would do. I have used the 18-135 as my holiday lens and the DA* as my work horse for events.

It really depends on yourself.