Pentax 17-70 SDM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must wait for the price to come down.
Definitely on the radar as I'm so-so with Sigma lenses...

Don't know when it'd reach here though. A very good range, plus SDM, I'm sure it'd become a shot item :)

Will start ship in July 2008. So hopefully there are shipment to here also.:)

Usually only after 2 mths after that... heard that some french review (on a pre-production one) suggest that the 70mm wasn't good.

Will have to see how it performs when it's released.

Actually the DA18250 (or Tamron 18250) is a pretty good lens already. Great range, optically it's good enough for most use. Both are priced (MSRP) similar. Pity it's too expensive here locally :(

In case K100D (or older model) users are eying this lens, note that it has a new KAF3 mount, meaning that it's only MF if you don't have SDM....

Actually the DA18250 (or Tamron 18250) is a pretty good lens already. Great range, optically it's good enough for most use. Both are priced (MSRP) similar. Pity it's too expensive here locally :(

This rebaged lens is certainly one capable of taking very good photos... have 1 and can vouch its quality for normal / travel use.

wats the price for the 18-250? i really aiming for this one.. really like the convenience of such a big range...

3 weeks ago, did a check with CP, they quoted S$790 for Pentax and S$750 for Tamron, both 18250.:)

ohh..thanks bro... nw at least got target to start saving up.. haha...

It's just incredible that 18-250mm and 17-70mm f4 are both more expensive than the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8.

If you look at the pics of the cabin carefully, you can see the right side of the photos are very blur, much more than the left side...centering problem again?

If you look at the pics of the cabin carefully, you can see the right side of the photos are very blur, much more than the left side...centering problem again?

I think it's because the whole cabin isn't on the same plane :think:

At 1st i had the same thought, then I look at the log on the ground. The middle part is sharp and the right side is blur.
Also look at the 70mm sample of the window. Again the right is blur.

At 1st i had the same thought, then I look at the log on the ground. The middle part is sharp and the right side is blur.
Also look at the 70mm sample of the window. Again the right is blur.

Yeah I noticed the same thing about the apparent difference in sharpness. However it is a pre-production sample, so it may not be representative of the actual ones that will go on sale. At least I'm hoping the ones that eventually go on sale will not share this issue.

Hi guys..
You lost me here. Is it very obvious? I looked at the images and they look ok to me...:(
How do you make it out? :rolleyes:

Its not the Actual release..
i know that pentax already take note of that blur hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.