Pentacon 6 to Nikon D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

besh

May 8, 2005
Anyone know and confirm the Pentacon 6 (medium format SLR) lens can be mount into Nikon D70 and working correctly?

i've did a search in yahoo, found nothing about that.

anyone can help ?

there is some carl/leica lense for pentacon 6,
i'm thinking to get few and try on it.

how's the quality?
able focus to infinity?

Yes you can use pentacon medium format lenes on the nikon D70 via an adapter. But you lose autofocus and metering. There a lot of carl zeiss optic there, there medium format pentacon lenes should able to go infinty. Quality wise they are good but each to it's own, it more like is it to your cup of tea kind of thing. Go to ebay under sreach key nikon pentacon adapter there should be a few there.;)

thx mate, it's about USD35 each,
was though to have a try,

fully manual metering without any metering meter help is a problem...
i'm not so accutate in doing that....
but the quality of carl zeiss lens really impressed me a lots a lots.

besh said:
thx mate, it's about USD35 each,
was though to have a try,

fully manual metering without any metering meter help is a problem...
i'm not so accutate in doing that....
but the quality of carl zeiss lens really impressed me a lots a lots.

have shot more than 10 yrs ago with pentacon medium format 180 f2.8 fitted on adapter to my Canon f1
not so impresssed. maybe I was comparing to the Canon F4 80-200L
maybe due to my own lousy shooting ability cause the 180 f2.8 pentacon lens is huge
the 35mm format praktica lenses are good value for money and they are pretty sharp.

is that mean it's worthless to put on pentagon 6 lense into nikon SLR as the quality of the pentacon 6 series is not as good as those made for 35mm SLR?

you can borrow from a friend and find out.
my own experience may not be the correct one.
I believe Nikkor 180 f2.8 ED is better than the pentacon 180 f2.8 (for medium format)

Status
Not open for further replies.