Penang

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
My last trip there must be 20 years ago. Have planned to drive up end of this month. I was searching for some photo here but couldn't locate any.

Anyone wish to share? Are we able to stop at the bridge to take photo?

Drive very slowly to take photos from Penang Bridge from car window. Ignore the impatient Malaysian motorists behind.

I think there are better angles from Penang to shoot the bridge.

Have a nice trip!

Drive up there 5 years ago. Take the sea transfer, park your car, get out, relax and shoot.

Drive very slowly to take photos from Penang Bridge from car window. Ignore the impatient Malaysian motorists behind.
The last time I was driving along the bridge at approximately 90 km/hr and yet these Malaysians registered buses and Protons are rapidly overtaking us like nobody's business. :bsmilie:

It is very difficult to stop at the bridge to take pictures as traffic is very heavy. I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to take pictures of it, you can go to where the Gold Coast Condominium is and take a picture from the coast.

penang - Google Maps

My last trip there must be 20 years ago. Have planned to drive up end of this month. I was searching for some photo here but couldn't locate any.

Anyone wish to share? Are we able to stop at the bridge to take photo?

IIRC, you're not allowed to stop on the bridge. You may want to consider Ahboy168's suggestion and take the ferry instead. You can take photos from the ferry.

Penang has changed a lot in the last 20 years. If you drive up north towards Telok Bahang, along the way, you'll see that areas that were forests/jungles (undeveloped) are now full of buildings and homes. Tanjung Tokong and Tanjung Bungah look totally different now.

Enjoy your trip.

....drive on the bridge early in the morning before the traffic build up...I used to do that......think there is a road shoulder in the mid-span, get someone to look-out for the police, but most-likely they are asleep in their patrol car somewhere....

Last edited:
=kietgnoel;7613218]IIRC, you're not allowed to stop on the bridge. You may want to consider Ahboy168's suggestion and take the ferry instead. You can take photos from the ferry.

Penang has changed a lot in the last 20 years. If you drive up north towards Telok Bahang, along the way, you'll see that areas that were forests/jungles (undeveloped) are now full of buildings and homes. Tanjung Tokong and Tanjung Bungah look totally different now.

As 'kietgnoel' (above) has said vehicles are not allowed to stop on the bridge. However, if you do what 'danntbt' (below) has advised-"go early in the morning....though a polis patrol car may be at the bridge's road shoulder with the occupants sleeping in the car ;).
You may go to this website <penangtalk.com/photos> where there is lotsa info about Penang. I've gleaned much from this website & enjoyed 3 trips to Penang in the last 5 years with the useful insights gathered. BTW I'll be in Penang again this week-end & will be shooting the Penang Chingay Float procession on the 18th. Have a safe & great time in Penang & dun forget to partake of the excellent local street food available all over Georgetown. Cheers

Enjoy your trip.

....drive on the bridge early in the morning before the traffic build up...I used to do that......think there is a road shoulder in the mid-span, get someone to look-out for the police, but most-likely they are asleep in their patrol car somewhere...