Penang Trip

claudius

Aug 22, 2010
Hi all, i will be going to penang next month. My first time to penang. Probably bringing along my canon 17-55mm and tokina 11-16mm.

I will be doing mainly street photography (mural art, etc) and maybe some landscape at the beaches.

Would like to seek advice from all if a tripod necessary for a photo trip to penang? or would it be worth the effort to bring a tripod along? I have did some research and the advice was to travel light. So I am wondering if I should bring my tripod along.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Hi all, i will be going to penang next month. My first time to penang. Probably bringing along my canon 17-55mm and tokina 11-16mm.

I will be doing mainly street photography (mural art, etc) and maybe some landscape at the beaches.

Would like to seek advice from all if a tripod necessary for a photo trip to penang? or would it be worth the effort to bring a tripod along? I have did some research and the advice was to travel light. So I am wondering if I should bring my tripod along.

If you are going to shoot landscapes at twilight hour, a tripod is essential.

It's handy tripod if your aiming for sunset in the Beach or sunrise in the Jetty/ Penang bridge.

Thanks for the reply guys. Have decided to bring the tripod along. Would rather carry it around than missing the shot due to the lack of tripod.

Thanks for the reply guys. Have decided to bring the tripod along. Would rather carry it around than missing the shot due to the lack of tripod.

I didn't bring my tripod as I was traveling with my kids and travel light. I only brought sigma 35mm f1.4 Art with me and I found the focal length is useful for me.

You may find more info in blog below but we didn't visit many places with kids.

http://thepoktrail.blogspot.sg

Enjoy your trip.

just bring a tripod, if not any trips to the beach will be wasted
also, i personally find the murals etc kinda too touristy, very unauthentic
but there is alot of local places with very interesting stuff to shoot, eg the clan jetties

i posted some photos in the landscapes section, or you can check out this flickr album
https://www.flickr.com/photos/guo-xiang/sets/72157639500553214

cheers

just bring a tripod, if not any trips to the beach will be wasted
also, i personally find the murals etc kinda too touristy, very unauthentic
but there is alot of local places with very interesting stuff to shoot, eg the clan jetties

i posted some photos in the landscapes section, or you can check out this flickr album
https://www.flickr.com/photos/guo-xiang/sets/72157639500553214
cheers

The clan Jetty is great place to for sunrise IMHO and for staying too.
I agreed with you that the mural is very touristy and some of them starts to worn off.

There're 5 major clan Jetties over there. U can look from the google map itself though.