Penang From the Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost04

Nov 7, 2008
SGP
Penang.jpg

this is a combination of 4 shots merged into one...
settings all the same but how can i remove the irregular tones??
looks very very obvious..
help appreciated...

all same settings....
but the sun is not over the whole image...

should have turned off AWB

wow ... looks like a folded printout of the landscape.

I learnt that when you want to stitch photos together, these are the things you must follow:

a. Shoot in manual, set the aperture and shutter speed constant throughout your shots.

b. Use manual focus only.

c. Overlap at least 25% with next frame.

d. Use tripod.

e. Must shoot all of them within the short period of time.

I think your photos are shot with different exposures which explain the difference in tone. Are you sure the settings of aperture and shutter speed remain the same throughout the shot?

I learnt that when you want to stitch photos together, these are the things you must follow:

a. Shoot in manual, set the aperture and shutter speed constant throughout your shots.

b. Use manual focus only.

c. Overlap at least 25% with next frame.

d. Use tripod.

e. Must shoot all of them within the short period of time.

I think your photos are shot with different exposures which explain the difference in tone. Are you sure the settings of aperture and shutter speed remain the same throughout the shot?

my aperture is constant as i set it myself.
auto-focus.
over-lap ard 10% only.
using a tripod.
shot under a min.

my aperture is constant as i set it myself.
auto-focus.
over-lap ard 10% only.
using a tripod.
shot under a min.

Your aperture constant doesn't mean the exposure will be constant because the shutter speed would vary according to the metering (I assume you shoot under Aperture Priority mode). So the procedure you need to follow is metering first under Av mode, remember the aperture and shutter speed, then set them in manual mode.

Next, set the focusing to manual. This is to take the focusing into your own control.

Overlap about 25%.

One more thing that could improve the photo quality is the WB. I usually will set it to daylight under broad day light.

Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.