Pelican case as dry box

Lee Kah Heng

Nov 24, 2013
I have a pelican case, can it be used as a dry box?
Anyone using it?

It says,

Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof
Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
O-ring seal
Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
Stainless steel hardware
Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence

I have a pelican case, can it be used as a dry box?
Anyone using it?

It says,

Watertight, crushproof, and dust proof
Open cell core with solid wall design - strong, light weight
O-ring seal
Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve
Stainless steel hardware
Pick N Pluck™ with convoluted lid foam
Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence

Pelican cases are more expensive than dry cabinates volume wise...

if you want to save money, go to Sungei Road,
the corner hardware shop at Blk 30 Kalantan Road,
buy those Ammo box to use as dry box.

I already have a pelican case, thinking of using it as adry box.
Is it possible?

I already have a pelican case, thinking of using it as adry box.
Is it possible?

Sure. Just remember to check on the silica gel and remember to reload them with dry ones. If you forget or get lazy, there goes your stuff.

ANd remember to lock down the air valve so no air gets in or out. And check the O rings/rubber seals once in a while to make sure then are still usable and no leaks are happening.

Sure. Just remember to check on the silica gel and remember to reload them with dry ones. If you forget or get lazy, there goes your stuff.

ANd remember to lock down the air valve so no air gets in or out. And check the O rings/rubber seals once in a while to make sure then are still usable and no leaks are happening.

Thank you very much for the advices.

I may be outdated but some foam do emit fumes which may affect the coating on lens. Many years ago I damaged one Pentax 100mm macro lens this way, it was not possible to repair the damage. The lens was thrown out. Ouch.

I may be outdated but some foam do emit fumes which may affect the coating on lens. Many years ago I damaged one Pentax 100mm macro lens this way, it was not possible to repair the damage. The lens was thrown out. Ouch.
foam will turn into powder after some time.
but that wasn't that bad, you will rather they turn powder than they melt.

I would think Pelican's foam should be ok?

Anyway, Pelican cases also comes with dividers instead of foam.