PEC Pads not used in Eclipse Sensor Swabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
I had read in some threads that the material used for the Sensor Swabs were PEC Pads, and that some even had even wrapped PEC Pads to use as Sensor Swabs.

But a recent trip to the website showed this:

"PEC*PAD is not recommended for cleaning the CCD. It is not the same material used in the Sensor Swabs. PSI does not approve or warranty the CCD or any camera part from any damage caused by using non approved products."

Is this true?
Fact or just marketing gibberish?

Thanks...

A little bit of Marketing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) - obviously they want you to buy their overpriced "cotton bud sticks" aka Sensor Swabs.

The material used in the Sensor Swab is essentially the same as the Pec-Pad, but I did read somewhere that they actually use a cleanroom to assemble the Sensor Swabs to minimise contamination of the swabs, whereas Pec-Pads are just packed as per normal.

I have used the Pec-Pads wrapped in a custom-made holder to clean my D1x and have not had any problems.

Darren said:
A little bit of Marketing FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) - obviously they want you to buy their overpriced "cotton bud sticks" aka Sensor Swabs.

The material used in the Sensor Swab is essentially the same as the Pec-Pad, but I did read somewhere that they actually use a cleanroom to assemble the Sensor Swabs to minimise contamination of the swabs, whereas Pec-Pads are just packed as per normal.

I have used the Pec-Pads wrapped in a custom-made holder to clean my D1x and have not had any problems.

Gee, thanks for the heads up! :)

so where do you get these pec pads and how to make a custom holder? :)
:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.