Peanut Seller

Gangru

Oct 28, 2009
SG
Hello everyone!!

Please let me know your thoughts on the following image.

4434386894_55054eddd2_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, Balance of the Image, PP

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I like to shoot streets Upclose and Personal. Am I on the right track with this Image?

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Was taken on a overcast day in Bali. During a holiday. We were trying some local fares, when the peanuts caught my eye. Bali surely is one fertile land.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

This is my Idea of Streets, may be it works? I think this is one of the better shots I took in Bali..

Try more, shoot more, experiance more. You have to know which object you would be it to be the main subject. Was it the peanuts or the peanuts seller? Seem like you are focus on the peanuts rather than the seller. Too much dark and void area on the top right side of the photo, maybe you should not covert to B&W.

i like this image...... contrasty, straightforward and full of details

the PP burning of the sky is a little too obvious IMHO

Try more, shoot more, experiance more. You have to know which object you would be it to be the main subject. Was it the peanuts or the peanuts seller? Seem like you are focus on the peanuts rather than the seller. Too much dark and void area on the top right side of the photo, maybe you should not covert to B&W.

Hi, thank you for your comments. Will shoot more.:)

i like this image...... contrasty, straightforward and full of details

the PP burning of the sky is a little too obvious IMHO

It was not burning but vignette. Thanks for pointing out and your encouragement.

not a shabby shot. kinda like the overall feel to it. like a 1950feel lol. it has quite a lot of emotions. i agree with the above views tat the focus shld be mroe on the seller. personally i am quite curious abt the blemishes on her face. like someone who has had a hard life. it would be meaningful.

as for peanuts, they look tasty:D
and yes ur on the right track towards street photography. keep shooting!

it's a little ambiguous here, she looks like a buyer choosing peanuts too..

I feel that the picture could do without the vignette.
Why did you bother with a vignette in the first place?
The picture feels somewhat tight in a way with all that shadows compacted in an area.
There's too much black in the corner such that my focus keeps shifting there.
The highlights in the peanuts are blown and distracting.
It would be nice to recover the minute details in the bags of peanuts.
eg. the creases and wrinkles.
Lastly I think that you could brighten the subject's face a little bit more.
Because of the dullness, I find my attention jumping from here to there and everywhere
searching for something to focus on; finding none my attention keeps settling on the
bag of overblown peanuts which just so happens to be smack
in the middle of the composition.
To answer your question on your idea of streets, I think that in actuality its not bad.
Just that your highlights and shadows could do some improving.
:)

The focus should be on the seller, not the peanuts. Then you would have had a nice 3D look by slight out of focus foreground sharp subject and out of focus background.

The focus should be on the seller, not the peanuts. Then you would have had a nice 3D look by slight out of focus foreground sharp subject and out of focus background.

Agree with you on that. Focus should be on the face, but it is on the peanuts and the seller's face is a little OOF.

Looks more like a peanut buyer to me...:embrass:
Yeah, I agree with other cser, since ur title says Peanut seller, ur focus should be on the seller, not the peanuts.

Unless ur title is "peanut for sales".