Peacock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trumpf

Sep 3, 2005
www.lensamalaysia.com
My birdpark bonus shot last week, comments are welcome.
76421762_5fcee9a402_o.jpg

does it seem dark ?
hm..
if only the tail was as sharp as the head..
cuz 80% of the pic is tail ?
my 2 cents worth

great catch... did not know why the peacock opened its feathers? any specific reason and for how long?

been wanting to catch this kind of shots but no luck.... ask been waiting for more than 6 months without success....

pls advise... thanks

Infact You had a great pix...

Pls don't mind I do some post-processing for you.:)

Z.jpg
[/IMG]

erictan8888 said:
great catch... did not know why the peacock opened its feathers? any specific reason and for how long?

been wanting to catch this kind of shots but no luck.... ask been waiting for more than 6 months without success....

pls advise... thanks

This fella trying to charm another female peacock across the fence, that why he open up its feather, but only 2 second is what I have, I just shoot it with f4, I should have change it to f8 to get ready.

It is also my luck that day, I went to bird park during weekday, early in the morning, so not many people around, the birdie was in a really relax and comfortable enviroment.

Good composition...bird at the side while filling the frame with what is by far the most interesting element...the feathers.

A pity about the sharpness though. More detail/texture in the feathers would have made it perfect!

erizai said:
Infact You had a great pix...

Pls don't mind I do some post-processing for you.:)

Z.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks erizai for your effort,
But that is not the original colour of a peacock, I shoot this fella under a canopy.:)

solarii said:
Good composition...bird at the side while filling the frame with what is by far the most interesting element...the feathers.

A pity about the sharpness though. More detail/texture in the feathers would have made it perfect!

Yeah, pity I did not get ready Aperture f8 for it, thanks for your comments, it is a great experience for me, lesson learnt is alway get ready the camera setting for the unexpected.

knoxknocks said:
great catch! I've also never had any luck with the peacock opening it's feathers :(

As mentioned, DOF not enough.

Thanks knoxknocks,
Sometimes we just have to wait.....those guy in NatGeo wait for years for 1 shot.....we only wait for days.
Wish you good luck mate!

Nice shot...looks like we need to bring female peacock photo when we go to bird park next time...;p

erictan8888 said:

pls advise... thanks

courtship period... thats why they opend their tails..... mating season.... ;p

ben77 said:
does it seem dark ?
hm..
if only the tail was as sharp as the head..
cuz 80% of the pic is tail ?
my 2 cents worth

Every photograph you see is focused on the feathers, not on the bird. This is why this shot is brilliant. The only thing I would fix is the bottom... just crop out the tan so the whole image is bird and feathers.

paxluv said:
Every photograph you see is focused on the feathers, not on the bird. This is why this shot is brilliant. The only thing I would fix is the bottom... just crop out the tan so the whole image is bird and feathers.
hm.. ^^
tx for the enlightment..
anyway i liked the head of the bird..
but post process pic colour looks warm..

Status
Not open for further replies.