Peaceful

Status
Not open for further replies.

winsons

Nov 6, 2008
IMG_9774copy.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

composition and techniques, i tried adjusting the curves to get the bit vintage feeling, hoping to get some opinions if this is generally acceptable. and maybe comments on how other method to improve the outcome.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I hope to use the blooming flower as a symbol of success, beauty, happiness in which every human is trying t achieve while the shadow at the background is used as a general term for people.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

This picture was taken inside a temple hall. the atmosphere was very peaceful and quiet. the lighting wasnt very good inside the hall.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I think the color setting wasn't that good. Maybe the composition was off too?

Sorry i suck at this as i'm still quite a noobie in photography but i'm really eager to learn! C&C are most appreciated! Thanks! :)

sorry, but how is this peaceful??

u said that u were in a temple and the atmosphere was peaceful, shouldn't u then try to capture this scene?

composition-wise, i'm not sure what the space on the left is for. the people's legs are also a distraction. was it intended?

i dun think u managed to achieve ur intended idea of portraying success, etc..

check your WB. Seem like it was out. Was the flower suppose to be yellow or white? Framing was out too. Does not really set the mood of peaceful. Why not try again with a different framing and also do a custom white balance.

1) somehow the flowers, the color and the title seem to associate with death.
2) composition and color is off
3) and i will insert my signature at the corner rather than in the centre of the photo. all the more your main subject.

Imo, a tighter composition on the flower that perhaps fills 3/5 of the space on the right. And i am not really liking the two pairs of thighs at the top left corner. Distracting and ugly. hahah.

thanks guys for the fb! will improve on that :D

looks like funeral

may i suggesting metering the flowers? the image is overblown as it is.

you'll then likely end up with stronger shadows which should help the composition

another suggestion is to keep only the elements within the image that are essential and leave the non-essentials out (either by repositioning yourself or physically moving them).... in this case, I would suggest getting the chairs out of the way ....... what do u think ?

the legs and shadows seems to add balance to the image

Status
Not open for further replies.