Pda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I am thinking of getting a PDA for my gf, but there are so many models out there...so...confusing...

Budget is around S$300 or below...

Not sure whether Palm or Window CE...

At my limited budget...should be monochrome...

Any suggestion? Will it be good to buy Palm Vx nowadays? Is it advisible to buy 2nd hand PDA? Thanks.

Originally posted by Kho King
I am thinking of getting a PDA for my gf, but there are so many models out there...so...confusing...

Budget is around S$300 or below...

Not sure whether Palm or Window CE...

At my limited budget...should be monochrome...

Any suggestion? Will it be good to buy Palm Vx nowadays? Is it advisible to buy 2nd hand PDA? Thanks.

Below $300 best to get a PalmOS device like the m1xx series.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Below $300 best to get a PalmOS device like the m1xx series.

Regards
CK

Palm 125 and Vx, which one better? Is 8MB in Vx enough?

mint but 2nd hand Vx at S$300, is it a good price to pay?

Originally posted by Kho King
mint but 2nd hand Vx at S$300, is it a good price to pay?

Er, you were saying the gift is for your gf, she don't mind?

What do u want to give her for? As a note taker? portable game player? multimedia? If only for taking notes and appts try a palm. If she wants to play with new things like GB emulator, mp3 player, divx players and gadgets then a 2nd hand ipaq is better. Of cos the size also comes into consideration as ppc tend to be bigger than palms. One advantage of getting PPCs is u can pass her spare CFs to use.

Originally posted by Goondu

Er, you were saying the gift is for your gf, she don't mind?

I saw some new in box Palm Vx selling around. My gf is not that choosy...and she doesn't like me to spend much money. If I can get a "new condition" but at "2nd hand price"...then she will be happier.

She has not owned any PDA before. I think the main purpose will be to store some info (tel phone no., address, etc.), take notes...etc.

U might wanna check out the classifieds in ppcsg.com or spug.org for bargains on lower end devices that pple are trying to clear to buy new toys.

Originally posted by mpenza
how about a sharp organiser? I'm willing to let go cheap at $30. got it for $200 :~(

so cheap?! Do you have a pic of it? What can it do?

girls like high tech toys, sometimes they just do not want to admit. but maybe u can consider a monochrome m125 for starters. its very basic. if u wanna impress her, get the latest iPAQ 3870 bluetooth. its big but also big on apps. iPAQ had the most apps on the Net.

Acturally buying what PDA will depends what the person is using it for? Cos I did have lots of friend who own PDA but 70% of them just use it as a Phone Directory! (which they hardly update after spending 3 days entering all their friends data into it when just bought! ) Which i think don't require the memory and processing power of a palm Vx, Sony clie or even the m125.
But I did see people surf net, e-mails using PDAs thru mobile phone, take minutes of meeting with the palm & add-on keyboard.
Which is why I think for PDA, I suggest budget base on usage.

Finally thought:
No point buying a million dollars machine to boils an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.