PDA protection screen, GOOD OR BAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankies

Jan 18, 2002
NTU
geocities.com
After applying it, i can see many small small rainbow color pixels...similar to noise...
anyone sharing the same situation ?

or it should be like that ?

I used an old piece of PDA screen protector on my C-720UZ :)
so far not too bad. haven't tried it in bright sunlight yet though. maybe i'd see more reflection on the LCD.

where did you paste the PDA screen protector? if you paste on the LCD, it shouldn't cause any color pixels. The color pixels came about because of long exposure shots.

on the LCD screen :D

the color pixels is there all the time...will see i put around 8 cm from my eyes...further than taht cannnot see liao

some pda screen protectors are not meant for color screens afaik, perhaps the resolution's not so good. in fact, some would blur or distort your image (those with special grooved surface or something supposedly for better writing experience) :p

maybe can try those for hi-res Clie screens.

Originally posted by Acieed
some pda screen protectors are not meant for color screens afaik, perhaps the resolution's not so good. in fact, some would blur or distort your image (those with special grooved surface or something supposedly for better writing experience) :p

maybe can try those for hi-res Clie screens.

hmmm but this cost me $16 dollars leh...and it is for color...
anway...i think i can live with it...what is impt is that when printed out there is no color pixels :D

Originally posted by Blankies

hmmm but this cost me $16 dollars leh...and it is for color...
anway...i think i can live with it...what is impt is that when printed out there is no color pixels :D

Did you actually damage your LCD while applying the protector? Pressed too hard?

Try removing the LCD protector and see if the discolouration is still there.

Originally posted by Zerstorer

Did you actually damage your LCD while applying the protector? Pressed too hard?

Try removing the LCD protector and see if the discolouration is still there.

nope ! not there !

Originally posted by Blankies

nope ! not there !

Then there is nothing to worry...prolly just that the material used refracts the light slightly. A slight inconvenience nevertheless....

Originally posted by Zerstorer

Then there is nothing to worry...prolly just that the material used refracts the light slightly. A slight inconvenience nevertheless....

If you want to use PDA screen protectors, go for the cheapo ones. The ones that are clear, and not matte. There're high quality screen protectors that will cost you anywhere between 15-20 bucks for one piece. Do NOT use those. They'll change the colour slightly.

Originally posted by Richard

If you want to use PDA screen protectors, go for the cheapo ones. The ones that are clear, and not matte. There're high quality screen protectors that will cost you anywhere between 15-20 bucks for one piece. Do NOT use those. They'll change the colour slightly.

yeah! you are correct!
thanks man !

Status
Not open for further replies.