PDA Phone Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
To all ClubSnap folks,

I am looking for a PDA phone for work. I need both WiFi and Bluetooth. Performance is not a big concern, as at most, I will just use it for emailing and some web browsing. Currently I have the O2 Xda IIs (S$1,488) and HP iPAQ h315 PocketPC ($999 with bundle) in mind. I need some of your feedback on which one to buy. Thanks in advance!

O2 XDAIIs .. no qualms about it :thumbsup:

Don't touch the Communicator 9500 ... i'm having alot of problems with it now regarding both QC and software stability.

my dad using 9500.. no problems.. over a month till date..

if u dun mind the 168mhz proccessor on HP6315...its not really that bad just similiar to those early days PPC like 54xxseries... go for that... for me i dun like any sliding mechanism... sooner or later it becomes "automatic".... but h6315 is 2 piece... chances of losing ur keypad(depends on wat kind of person u r, will u lose anything easily? i have not lose anything for the past 25yrs)

Cheers!

Actually, the HP suits my budget more. But I am all ears for your opinions. Thanks

yanyewkay said:
my dad using 9500.. no problems.. over a month till date..

The QC is horrid man ... wait till your dad uses it more often and past a month ... you'll start to see the problems arise... :sweat: the latch for mine is already starting to get lose

i vote the o2 xda IIs ;)

O2 mini also not bad. But my wife says that it is safer to get PDA n mobile seperate. One spoil still got another one for contacts. Individual view, for me, I don't mind 2 in 1 as long I backup data often or daily.

BBTM said:
O2 mini also not bad. But my wife says that it is safer to get PDA n mobile seperate. One spoil still got another one for contacts. Individual view, for me, I don't mind 2 in 1 as long I backup data often or daily.

If you sync your data with PC/Notebook, you can still access most of your informations from your PC.

I am currently having both O2 Mini and Nokia 9300, both without Wi-Fi. Another alternative is to get o2 Mini and SDIO Wi-Fi card. Between HP IPAQ, and O2 IIs, that depend on whether is keyboard is your choice or not. If you don't mind Keyboard, I recommend IPAQ, because it is cheaper. Don't get too hung up by the process speed, higher process speed un-necessary will drain the battery faster.

I hate to the attached keyboard of IPAQ, it become too thick.

Everyone has what he wants and look for, no one device suits everyone.

I've used Palm Vx, then Sony Clie 710N, Palm Zire71, a big switch to Pocket PC: O2 XDA2. I used to change hp in less than a year. But this XDA2 is still with me after more than a year & I intend to use it till it fails me.

O2 produces some very good PDA-phone. Worth every single cents. :thumbsup:

I use it to listen to MP3, watch movies & read articles downloaded from the net during travelling from home to work etc.

O2 Mini is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dEthANGeL said:
The QC is horrid man ... wait till your dad uses it more often and past a month ... you'll start to see the problems arise... :sweat: the latch for mine is already starting to get lose

Can surf wireless on 9500 with linksys router ?

Maybe it is a good idea to purchase a PDA. But I already have an older Palm. I intend to switch to PocketPC. Any idea which PDA is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.