PD70X vs digimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackhammer

Nov 3, 2006
i'm a newbie here and need some advise. i need and portable storage device that i can transfer my data from my cf & xd card to it then i continue shooting. on the market what are the model available apart from PD70x & digimate. Also most important is what is the major different of this two model cause the price different is too wide. thanks

can't go wrong with the PD70X too..,
transfer speed is lightning fast :D
and battery (power) lasts longer.

I heard that there might be some problem with the PD 70X backing up high speed CF card of 2gb and above. It gives an error message and refuse to copy from the card. Did anyone encounter any such problems? I've got the PD70X and i want to buy a transcend 120X 2gb card. I don't want to run into compatibility issues. Can anyone help?

Digimate is much slimmer but has lower transfer rate. The only thing that I don't like about it is its proprietary battery. And if you were to ask shops in SLS, most of them don't sell the battery. I found this out when I wanted to buy it. When I ask the shopkeeper about the batt, he replied "Throw and buy a new casing!!!" The only place I know selling the batt is PPCP. Cheaper alternative to PD70X is to find a HDD casing with OTG(has a AA batt pack but no card reader). But if you one everyting in a package, get PD70X.

Digimate is much slimmer but has lower transfer rate. The only thing that I don't like about it is its proprietary battery. And if you were to ask shops in SLS, most of them don't sell the battery. I found this out when I wanted to buy it. When I ask the shopkeeper about the batt, he replied "Throw and buy a new casing!!!" The only place I know selling the batt is PPCP. Cheaper alternative to PD70X is to find a HDD casing with OTG(has a AA batt pack but no card reader). But if you one everyting in a package, get PD70X.

For Digimate u can also use a Portable batt pack, like those that holds 4 AA batt type. It works too but 1 more stuff to carry

I heard that there might be some problem with the PD 70X backing up high speed CF card of 2gb and above. It gives an error message and refuse to copy from the card. Did anyone encounter any such problems? I've got the PD70X and i want to buy a transcend 120X 2gb card. I don't want to run into compatibility issues. Can anyone help?

i dont have this problem, used 4GB CF with my PD70X (now sold off liao).

Hi guys,

How about the newly launched creative zen vision W? It supported the CF slot too.. and the wide screen looks very cool too. How's the transfer rate by the way? I was thinking of upgrading my zen M to this.. ;)

For Digimate u can also use a Portable batt pack, like those that holds 4 AA batt type. It works too but 1 more stuff to carry
I thought of that... but where can I get such batt pack?

mind to tell how much the digimate and the Pd70X cost??

I was looking at prices of such devices 3 weeks back, the prices (excluding HDD) then was as such:

Digimate III - $85 (with AC charger)
PD70X - $189 (with AC and car charger)
NEXTO CF OTG - $199 (with AC charger and extra ext battery and card reader)

Hope this help.

thats help. thanks. anynone now how much a 40GB selling now. bcs i plan to get a 40GB wif a digimate too;p

Sorry left out the prices of HDD:

40 Gb - abt $80
80 Gb - abt $113
120 Gb - abt $168.

I prefer mounting the HDD myself as the HDD on its own is provided with 3 years warranty.

Take a walk in SLS and have a feel on the 3 equipment, each of them has its pro and cons. I settled for the NEXTO CF ND2300.

plan to go to look for it on next week. mind to share how much u get ur NEXTO CF ND2300???

thanks for the imformation u gave:)

Bro,

I got the NEXTO CF ND 2300 from ea****ar for 199

I think it was mentioned it use a standard Fuji Battery. EastGear should be able to supply that.
OTG card still need either a card reader or connect to the camera, which drains camera battery juice.
PD70X uses NiMh batteries usually, and they don't keep their charge long, so you can't be away from power source for like 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.