PD70X or DIGIMATE PLUS II??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belano

Jul 13, 2005
Anyone care to share the experience of using either one? Digimate seems to be selling about $100 cheaper than PD70X.

There's some shops in SLS selling Digimate II at $75.;)

I using Digimate II, good enough.

$75 just for the casing? Thats about $40 cheaper from what i saw from school. Was so tempted to get it just now, luckily ATM machine was down.
I was afraid that their battery life span will die, and this is one main thing that hold me back. Whereas compared to PD70X, it is using AA batteries and able to serve as a charger.
Again cost is a main issue, $100++ difference can get me more than a super good charger.

Belano said:
I was afraid that their battery life span will die, and this is one main thing that hold me back. Whereas compared to PD70X, it is using AA batteries and able to serve as a charger.
Again cost is a main issue, $100++ difference can get me more than a super good charger.

I not selling this thing lah. But I open up the digimate before, its replaceable, like the ipod battery. I think can buy from Sim Lim Tower.

Anyway, it will take a long while for the battery to die.

Of course, you pay more, you get better thing lor

I not selling this thing lah.
Haha i nv ask whether you selling the thing, a mini misunderstanding.
How fast can it transfer the files?
Any PD70x user around?

I actually time my digimate before with a 1gb memory stick and a 512mb CF card. Abit Xiao, right:confused:

Anyway, my result is for 1gb memory stick, it took almost 8 minutes to finish 1gb worth of images. For 512mb, it took slightly below 4 minutes.

Fast enough lah.

Actually, its more worth it if you have an old harddisk lying around. If you buying with new hd, get compactdrive lah, its $100+ more only.

Don't quite understand what you mean. Doesn't PD70X allows you to change your harddisk too?

Eastgear selling with 40GB HD only $349. Digimate case($75) plus HD($112) is $187. Difference is only $167.

If you have HD already, you only spend $75. If not, Eastgear's package is better lah, got Sanyo battery, HD is a few $ cheaper.

Also, Digimate cannot format your card. I think Compact drive can.

The PD70X stores my Lexar 1GB 80X in abt 3mins. Super fast, if u need it that fast.........prob is that sometimes your AA batts may not be strong enough for USB transfer and have to use charger.

You can also try OTG (On The Go) Casing. They costed 45-75 depending on brand & quality. They are powered by external power source (external 4 X 2500 rechargable or normal battery and adaptor (about $20) to convert 230Vac to 5Vdc. It should last longer than digimate built-in battery and replacable.

The transfer speed is abt 1mb/s for usb 1.1 and 2.1mb/s for usb 2. ;)

I am using PD70X. My initial experiences was bad but according to East Gear, this rarely happens, saying the ones I had must be lemons :(

The copying speed is no doubt the fastest and best I have seen!!! My full 2GB takes about 4 minutes using Lexar 80X (no more than 5 certainly), 1GB about 2 mins, no more...

I suffer two problems with different sets. The 1st set couldn't read my harddisk (Fujitsu), they replaced for me without question. The 2nd one has battery problem, even using a fully charged 2500 Sanyo battery, the set can die on me within a day, I didn't use the set at all!!

As for the 2nd one, they told me there is a problem with my set and they again replaced a new one. I have yet to collect it from East Gear. They have tested at their end for a few days to ensure that it is working well.

Having said the above, I check with friends who are using this set and all of them are satisfied without the above problem (enghong17: can confirmed too?).

One more thing to add: East Gear service is beyond excellent!! They are extremely helpful and willing to test the set on my behalf, change the set without questions, etc. Really hard to find excellent service these days.

I guess sometimes, technology stuff need some luck ya?

Hi ericpooi,

I do not have your 1st problem but my batts seem to die out fast too but certainly not within a day but i think that's the problem with the Sanyo batteries that came along with it. Heard about the discharge problem. No problems when using Energizer batts.

BTW i din get mine from Eastgear, mine from a MO here.......and i found out i could have gotten it the same price at South Asia. Its abt $220 the last time i saw it for casing.

:)

Does this mean that PD70X will discharge the rechargable batteries on itself ? Is it a common problem or its just another lemon?

A big plus for 70DX is the ability to use AA Batteries without the use of an external battery pack.

The copying speed is quite fast too.

Belano said:
Does this mean that PD70X will discharge the rechargable batteries on itself ? Is it a common problem or its just another lemon?

Hi Baleno,

Its not the PD70X discharging the batteries but the Sanyo batteries discharging by themselves. The post on CS here: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151244&highlight=sanyo+discharge

Regards
EngHong

PD70 is indeed fast in copying. Easy to use also. But I'm tinking of getting Epson P2000. Any1 want to buy my PD70? Its only 2 weeks old.

Icic so i suppose that is not a main issue for PD70X.
Btw my name is Belano hehe not the Andy Lau brand, :bsmilie:

How much are you selling? Sorry for asking, since its so fast and easy to use, why sell it?

Considering the fact that the PD70X is able to serve as a battery charger, allows me to kill two stone with one bird when i go oversea travelling. Because i am using Finepix S5500 which is running on AA batteries. I admit that i am attracted by PD70X appearance as compared to DigimateII which look rather dull.
BBB virus is deadly:nono: ... LoL

Belano said:
Icic so i suppose that is not a main issue for PD70X.
Btw my name is Belano hehe not the Andy Lau brand, :bsmilie:

How much are you selling? Sorry for asking, since its so fast and easy to use, why sell it?

Considering the fact that the PD70X is able to serve as a battery charger, allows me to kill two stone with one bird when i go oversea travelling. Because i am using Finepix S5500 which is running on AA batteries. I admit that i am attracted by PD70X appearance as compared to DigimateII which look rather dull.
BBB virus is deadly:nono: ... LoL

I am actually considering to sell not really must sell. Its a very good investment for those who doesnt want to buy too many memory cards and want to have huge storage. I considering to sell bcoz i want to buy Epson P2000. That cost $800++ but with inbuilt LCD for viewing pictures. I doesnt and dont want to bring a laptop whenever i go so i guess that is a better tool for me.

Belano said:

Me Selling? Why would i sell something i need for every event? :bsmilie:

Cheers Belano

Oops.....just realised that sell comment is to Ken......paiseh

Haha BUY BUY BUY thats what i learnt from this forum!! Agree that with the LCD to view your photos is definitely thumbs-up! But $$$ wise... i have think again a million times~

Status
Not open for further replies.