PC SHOW, to wait or not to wait... HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirtac

Feb 24, 2005
hi all.... I've generally made up my mind to get either a new Cannon 300D or 350D. however as this is my first time buying a DSLR, I can't decide weather to buy it now or to wait till June when there's a PC show.... :dunno:

I'm pretty excited to get my cam and start shooting.... but not sure if i should wait for the PC Show.... seems like such a long wait!!!!

are the things there really cheaper? am afraid I'll get all confused during the show and end up buying another cam which seems like a better deal.... :confused:

Was thinking of getting 2nd hand ones instead too but am really afraid i'll get a faulty one.... how??? please advise!!!! :sweat:

hi all.... I've generally made up my mind to get either a new Cannon 300D or 350D. however as this is my first time buying a DSLR, I can't decide weather to buy it now or to wait till June when there's a PC show....

I'm pretty excited to get my cam and start shooting.... but not sure if i should wait for the PC Show.... seems like such a long wait!!!! :dunno:

are the things there really cheaper? am afraid I'll get all confused during the show and end up buying another cam which seems like a better deal.... :confused:

Was thinking of getting 2nd hand ones instead too but am really afraid i'll get a faulty one.... how??? please advise!!!!

do you have a whole lot of canon lenses?

why not the D70 package at the show? got all the "freebies" to get you started.... :devil:

now or later, up to you. if not now, when? and when the magical moment comes later, how different would it be from the magical moment now?

get now, shoot first, shoot more, enjoy more. get started is the first step, right? ;)

It's more of a want rather then a need.... I'll wait if i have to.... but ... hehehe...

Now or later's deciding factor is the PC Show.... not sure if should wait... are the deals really good?

My advice to you is the following question :

DO YOU NEED A CAMERA NOW ? YES, I MEAN THIS VERY INSTANCE

If it's a feature packed thingy, similar question :

DO I NEED THAT FEATURE OR FUNCTION ??? GET A CAMERA WITH A LOT OF YOUR "MUST-HAVE" ...NO POINT BUYING THOSE WITH "GOOD TO HAVE" - usually cost more, as you probably wont use them

Once a wise man shared with me, BUY WHAT YOU NEED NOW... digicams change depreciate and change rapidly. DUN BUY WHAT U NEED IN THE FUTURE ...cos by then u will probably have better choices. If you need one now, buy one and u would have taken tons of nice pics by June. TIME SHOULD NEVER BE A DECIDING FACTOR. I MEAN IF U CAN WAIT...U WILL PROBABLY BE ABLE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT..AND THE NEXT..AND THE NEXT... ;p

Most CSers will tell you again and again. You DUN NEED A LATEST CAMERA to shoot great pics. It's you ....It's always about you.

I hope this helps and hope to see some of your posts soon.

HAPPY BUYING AND SHOOTING !!! :)

why wait till the june pc show? the IT fair is already on at suntec. However, buying from fairs means that you will be paying the RRP $1999 for 350D. But the street price would be about 1.7~1.8K (heard from speculations in CS) but may not come with the freebies like CF card and vest.

2nd hand ones always comes with the risk of buying a faulty set.

:) Mmm I think it depends on what the free gifts are.But sometimes its not free at all since they do factor in the price as well. Sometimes they give alot of stuff but none of it are of use to you or you will even use. Also in the show the things are less flexible ie. you cannot upgrade the free gifts like some shops outside can do for you. Think through and see is it really of value to you and not get rushed into it just because everyone else are.

:)

I think it is opportunity cost.
If u have a kid and u would like to record his growing up, i
feel u would b missing a lot for the three months wait.
Similarly, if u have a girlfriend and u would like to record
the precious moment u had, 3 months (12 shoots, say one week
one shoot) can be very fulfilling.

However, if say, u have a digicam, and u just want to try the
latest, super-duper dslr, well.... mmmm, u should have the
answer, right?

:)

Anyway, see it another way, three months later, the
price will be $200-300 less. Is that a significant amount?
Or u prefer to wait three months to save $300,
since u have a digi-cam with u, anyway.....
:dunno:

If u dun need it now, and can wait then wait. ;p :devil: cos cheaper and better camera lies ahead of you. ;)

If you have the budget now, and you have set your mind on photography, buy it now. Whether u spend your $$ now or later, u r still going to spend...hehe..

If you are on a tight budget, then get a 2nd hand 300D. I believe there will be some v gd deals since the 350D had arrived, and the price of a 300D should go down v soon. Keep a look out at the CS marketplace forum.
Most of the CSers here keep their equipment in tip-top condition even though it is 2nd hand.

But if you have the money to spend and u love the lastest, a 350D will be a better investment.
If you don't really need to own the equipment now and think u can wait for another 3-6mths then wait for the 350D price to go down, hopefully it will :bsmilie:

just went for the IT fair.. think its worth the $$ esp with those freebies :thumbsup:

nike: just do it
camera: just buy it

wait ...maybe the price will drop a little...if less demand.....IT show or not...price not much different ( I compare)...freebies means...not free... ;p

The 350D is 40% smaller then 300D very light weight. i've tried it just at IT Show. Superb camera but look too small if using big lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.