PC Show 2012 - Any Film scanners displayed ?

1. Check VR-Zone, HWZ, etc, for the list of exhibitors. We are not psychic.

2. It's a PC SHOW, and NOT a "Photography Show". Why do people always think a PC show is a place for Photography items??? Expect Dell, Acer, Asus, etc to sell desktops and laptops... You know, PC stuff since it's a PC SHOW.

3. Hunt hunt hunt.... All the pricelists are uploaded (latest on the first day) so please learn how to find info on your own. Independence is a good thing.

Last edited:
Usually canon and epson will be selling film scanners along with their printers

Keep a watch for Epson scanners. I got my V700 from a previous PC show at a better price than what the usual shops could quote.

Ryan

Last edited:

2. It's a PC SHOW, and NOT a "Photography Show". Why do people always think a PC show is a place for Photography items??? Expect Dell, Acer, Asus, etc to sell desktops and laptops... You know, PC stuff since it's a PC SHOW.

3. Hunt hunt hunt.... All the pricelists are uploaded (latest on the first day) so please learn how to find info on your own. Independence is a good thing.

BTW what time is the PC show and how to get there from my place?

Was told that Plustek has 35mm dedicated film scanners being sold there by their distributor.

Plutstek OpticFIlm 8200i SE,8200i AI and SmartPhoto F5 - Suntec level 6 booth B2091.

jopel said:
BTW what time is the PC show and how to get there from my place?

U aint'l local? U know where is suntec city?

U aint'l local? U know where is suntec city?

Suntec City, Thanks. BTW I'm local and it is nice to know that there are nice fellow like you in this forum.

jopel said:
Suntec City, Thanks. BTW I'm local and it is nice to know that there are nice fellow like you in this forum.

Lol i tot u aint local for a monent. Anyway the show starts today better beat the crowds lol ;-)

Take it easy Rashkae.

Thank you , Shadowleong, giantcanopy, and bedrock.

From your suggestions I think its worth dropping by.
I very much appreciate you all for confirming that PC shows are "not only" about PCs and 'stuff'.

best
Ap

Saw one in Red Dot Photo booth, Yashica brand, dunno if it's that Yashica or other Yashica.

Epson V600 at $338 (IIRC) with free NTUC voucher on yesterdays TODAY.
Seems like a fair deal to me. :)

Was told that Plustek has 35mm dedicated film scanners being sold there by their distributor.

Plutstek OpticFIlm 8200i SE,8200i AI and SmartPhoto F5 - Suntec level 6 booth B2091.

any update?

saw on floorplan B2091 is Asia Radio, doesn't seem to sell scanner
Floor Plan Map Suntec Level 6 PC SHOW 2012 Price List Brochure Flyer Image
Asia Radio PC SHOW 2012 Price List Promotions, Deals, Flyers, Brochures & Price List Images

Saw one in Red Dot Photo booth, Yashica brand, dunno if it's that Yashica or other Yashica.

there are a couple of 5Mp dedicated film/slide scanners
the one at RedDot is Yashica FS-500 @ $99
there is another one Kaiser baas
http://images.hardwarezone.com/gallery/thumbs/0/2012/pc-show/20120607155703-96.jpg

Absolutely no idea how good/decent they are, but they're for those who want a quick digitisation of their film, and not those Plustek etc stuff...

Sorry to dig up this thread.
I found that Asia Radio do sell plustek film scanners in the past shows. Has anyone has visited their booth to check out the prices of Plustek 8200? If you did, do you know if the price is the same or cheaper than challenger? They never list their prices in their "price list".
Thanks in advance!

Tried my luck and Asia Radio quoted me $569 (comex 2012 price) for the SE version which is the same at challenger with member discount. Bizgram quotes 550 but need to wait for order to come. Currently, 2 SE n 2 Ai left at challenger Funan. - for those who're interested...

Hi guys, thanks for the info I also looking for negative Film scanner since last month

:)
index.jpg