PC Show 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

Nov 7, 2004
Eastern Singapore
I was told by my friends who have just reached Singapore Expo that major companies like Canon, Epson and Nikon are not there.

Anyone can double confirm? If confirm, I may not want waste my time there.

Yeah, the camera stores are not there for PC Show 2005.

IIRC, I read that they only concentrate on the Mar and Sep. Not sure if they are going for Dec one.

Cheers
John

back from PC Show, no Canon, Nikon or Epson. Sony is there, Panasonic, Pioneer, HP, Toshiba. More on PC stuffs.

Yes....just left the show...no epson, canon, nikon etc... not much for us photographers...good prices for dvd writers tho...got an internal LG multi writer for $98. I also bought the imation stacker to help my managaement of my many discs...=)

ANy of you who wants to buy the imation stacker. Can I use you as my recommendation??? =)

Hi Tim...it was nice meeting you at riceball... =) I am Kelvin. Was there with my wife.

Nikon and Olympus will be at celebrate the sea heh heh..
The event will be at suntec from the 3rd to the 5th of June :)

Any 3.5" Harddisk + external casing lobang at the PC Show? :cool:

A lot of HDD + casing.

Toshiba 2.5" 60GB 4200rpm 8MB going for $145. Also EastGear is there selling their new 70x CompactDrive.

Other interesting stuff: CF card backup HDD casing with TV output, digital picture frame with built in card reader and Wacom showing their pen-based touch-screen tablet for easier photoshoping.

Yes, no Nikon/Canon, but there's a retailer "Bally Photo" selling these brands there.

Also, watch out for the credit card promoters along the Sony side, they jump out aggresively and grab your arm to make you listen.

Olympus at the PC show or "THe Sea show" at suntec, can let anyone let me know cuz dun want to waste a trip down to EXPO if Olympus is not there, (sis getting a camera from Oly)

Thanks in advance :)

Interesting. The promotional phamplet from Bally Photo advertises the Canon EOS 20D and 350D as having CCD sensors.

Did Canon come out with CCD DSLRs recently?

i just came back from there too...
dun rem seeing oly there though...

itisnottheendorg said:
Quote:

"Originally Posted by Providence
Today, I went to Singapore Expo to get one of the free Wolf-Claw keyboards which is published in the New Paper earlier on. With the paper cutting, I thought I could be lucky enough to get one of them.

When I reached there, I realized that there was a long queue outside Hall 6 main entrance and there was a large paper sign on the pillar saying that the people must queue at the area in order to get the free keyboard.

Well! I thought it was a last-minute decision for the organizers to change the requirements so I just followed along. When the main entrance is opened, I realized that there was nobody to attend to the long queue outside Hall 6. I became suspicious and worried as more people were rushing into the hall.

I decided to leave the queue and find the booth of PD Scientific. When I finally found it, the person-in-charge informed those who reached the booth that the free keyboards have been redeemed by somebody else. The personnel-in-charge did not know that there was a prank been pasted outside Hall 6 to mislead the public.

Well! This is such an unpleasant incident at the first day of the PC Show 2005."

There's actually someone sooo daring to play such a prank? And i guess he/she did it for benefit ><

i was trying to update the post then ''no web page found" warning..[sign]..

any case, someone later feedback, did seems to have pick one up from the queuing..of course whose cousin started doing so at 7am and was the last no. 10!

ha, the mystery of the 'prank' unresolved...let this be an interesting lesson to all..

Adam Goi said:
Hi.

Does anyone know whether Fujifilm are having any promotion on their DVD-Rs? If not, I go to SLS liao ...

nope. not dat i saw. only came imation, teac, samsung and some smaller brands set up stalls to sell DVD burners.

waste of time going. nothing much on offer there dat u can't get at funan or SLS. wanted to browse for 1GB thumbdrives. 2 stalls selling same product give me 2 different prices. i guess it pays to walk ard to compare prices.

iamasaint said:
Hi Tim...it was nice meeting you at riceball... =) I am Kelvin. Was there with my wife.
Hello Kevin,

Did you buy the R800? PM me if you need opinion :)

For those staying at the west .... dun waste time if you just intend to go see see .... me waste more than 3hours on the travelling :bheart:

xxxger said:
For those staying at the west .... dun waste time if you just intend to go see see .... me waste more than 3hours on the travelling :bheart:
Thanks for the info xxxger. :)

A lot of people went and sadly everyone complain it's a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.