PC Show 2004 Product Launch: CompactDrive Portable Storage Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastGear

Introducing the fastest, longest lasting portable storage device in the world!

EG-PD6F.jpg

- Super fast transfer speed at 4MB/s
- Runs on only 4 pieces of AA
- Ultra long battery life, 1 set of batteries (Sanyo 2300mAh NiMH AA) can last for 20GB of data transfer
- Able to act as AA battery intelligent quick charger
- LCD shows harddisk remaining space, transfer information like number of MB & files being copied and copy completed.
- Harddisk is changeable/upgradable by user
- Strong aluminium casing
- Accepts 7 different kinds of cards i.e. CF Type I/II/MD/MS/SD/MMC/SM
- USB 2.0 connection back to PC

Package includes:

CompactDrive Device
Soft Carry Case
USB Cable
AC Adaptor
Screwdriver
English Manual
Driver CD

Only a few pieces available at PC Show 2004 Booth 6078 (Left Side of Cafeteria), hurry & grab them now whilst stocks last

Sole Regional Distributor:

EastGear Pte Ltd
111 North Bridge Road
Peninsula Plaza #02-02
Singapore 179098
Tel: 68371582
Fax: 68371583

Hi,

Can check with you the brand of the device? Any website to check the full spec? MP3 capable.... If yes, it would be one heck of a device. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rgds
Sunny

Yeah... Sounds like good stuff... Will it be available after the PC show??

so itsit $249 for juz the casing alone & $399 for casing + 40GB hdd?

EOS500N said:
so itsit $249 for juz the casing alone & $399 for casing + 40GB hdd?

Doubt so.

From its Chinese website.

PD6F含20GB建议零售价为1999元,PD6A不含硬盘建议零售价为899元。

Guess $249 should be the model with 20GB HD?

Looks tempting esp the battery life! But how come no xD??
Eh, so how many is the "limited" sets? ;p

regards
..NuTs..

rekeno said:
Doubt so.

NT$1999 is around $120 only :cry:

I think is not NT sorry

Oooh.....this product looks interesting !

I think most of us already have an existing mass storage device with a notebook hard disk. Is it possible to sell us the casing by itself and how much will it cost????

What's the dimension of the drive? running on AA Battery, I suspect the drive would either be rather LONG or trade off would be the thickness.

So did anyone pick this up today? I'm very interested in getting one, but haven't seen any performance reviews yet. In fact, the whole www doesn't even have any reviews of it.

rekeno said:
Doubt so.

Nope $249 is actually without HDD, just the case itself. Was very tempted to buy it when i was at the show actually.

advantages of this product:
- its AA battery usage
- its transfer speed from CF to HDD (4x faster than xdrive supposedly)

disadvantages:
- needs a source of power when connected to PC else u wont be able to access neither the harddrive nor its card slots
- very heavy and bulky (probably due to the 4 AA batts reqd)

I thought that it is to be small and light weight.

Are you all saying that the device cannot be connected to the PC by way of AA sized batteries? This means that everytime when I want to transfer files from the device into my PC, I must first connect it with its AC adapter first. :bigeyes:

Strange. Even X-Drive II is able to connect to PCs like that. I don't see why this device is unable to do that.

Is the build-in charger a quick charger? If it is, then this device is tempting as I dun need to lug around a charger, plus my current x-drive for holdiay shoot. My setup to bring would be more compact. The build-in charger can also be used to charge the batteries for my flash etc.

Can Eastgear/anyone confirm the drive would be available after PC Show?

Also is the CF to hdd transfer speed faster than current X-Drive? It's painfully slow to wait for my 512mb card to transfer everything in 5 minutes... From the specs, it would mean only to wait for 2 mins to transfer everything... :)

I bought this during the PC Show. Also used it yesterday for a wedding shoot.

Have to give credit when its due... It's great!

Firstly, the speed surpassed both Nixvue and X-drive. I took about 4-5 minutes to transfer my 1GB microdrive/cf. This is especially useful during occasion when you don't have the luxury of time to wait for the transfer.

Secondly, the AA batteries are an excellent match to my collection of Sanyo AAs.... :D Which, I can just rely on my backup batt, instead of getting a separate AA battery pack (for Nixvue/X-Drive). :thumbsup:

The only con is that all the info are written in Chinese! :sweat: Abit of getting used to this, as I'm more of a "potato" :embrass: But after reading thru the EastGear "english" manual, I'm able to match the chinese words to the actual operations. :thumbsup:

Upz for Eastgear for bringing in better devices!

Is the $ USA Dollars?

Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.