PC problem , anyone can help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

legiz

Apr 17, 2006
hi bros/sis

my pc recently keep restarting before it can load to windows.. when i tried to format , it will always hang and appear blue screen , is it a hardware problem ? there is no way i can format now

Seems like a hardware problem causing windows to dump out.

First thing - check your ram modules. Ensure they're seated properly.

Remove and put them back. OR. Leave out 1 set and try if you can get by. If you do then probably its a faulty ram module.

Seems like a hardware problem causing windows to dump out.

First thing - check your ram modules. Ensure they're seated properly.

Remove and put them back. OR. Leave out 1 set and try if you can get by. If you do then probably its a faulty ram module.

probably is ram nt graphics card right ? if nt the monitor wun even show anything

probably is ram nt graphics card right ? if nt the monitor wun even show anything

Graphics would be a different beep code - or no display at all

OR

Artifacts on your display and display refresh lag.

Graphics would be a different beep code - or no display at all

OR

Artifacts on your display and display refresh lag.

so most likey ram spoilt ? before this there is another prob, either pc keeping hanging or restart .. sumtimes monitor wun light up , all becos of ram ? that time i apply some coolant paste on the processor the prob was solved.. but now coolant past also useless , no effect liao , mine in AMD 1.7 speed.. now market still selling ram for this processor??

so most likey ram spoilt ? before this there is another prob, either pc keeping hanging or restart .. sumtimes monitor wun light up , all becos of ram ? that time i apply some coolant paste on the processor the prob was solved.. but now coolant past also useless , no effect liao , mine in AMD 1.7 speed.. now market still selling ram for this processor??

RAM has all these side effects from no display / hanging on restart.

Another factor would be a deadlier one - Bloated capacitors on your motherboard due to bad power supply. This one you got to slowly see each capcitor near the CPU or near the power supply plug of your mainboard. Notice the "+" ontop of each capacitor making sure none of them is bloated (damn obvious).

I've already seen capacitors "lau zhap" - Explode till leak.

Like i mentioned - if you have 2 ram modules (or more) try removing all and putting back only 1.

Start the system. System boots - no problems - continue adding and rebooting.

AMD 1700+ XP? Either you're on 266Mhz bus or running a mainboard that has PC133 SDRAM support.

RAM for this kind of boards are rather pricey as they are obsoleted if you're getting brand new.

Bluescreens are there for a reason you know. I'd have thought that the obvious thing to do is to post the error message on the bluescreen.

hi bros/sis

my pc recently keep restarting before it can load to windows.. when i tried to format , it will always hang and appear blue screen , is it a hardware problem ? there is no way i can format now

how old is your pc / hard disk? bad sector is very common. if you got another pc plug it out and do a chkdsk.

to diagnose ram, go download memtest386, install it onto floppy drive, boot it up, then check your ram, select the default option.

format also hung is either hdd or ram , nothing else.

good luck.

I got this the last week when I inserted 2 new 512MB memory modules into my machine. Windoze refused to boot, when insert CD to install windoze, BSOD.

After I unplugged 2 of my IDE devices (2 DVDRWs) the system booted up again. Then I replugged the power to both the DVDRWs and it booted fine.

Might be PSU issue. Check it out.

I got this the last week when I inserted 2 new 512MB memory modules into my machine. Windoze refused to boot, when insert CD to install windoze, BSOD.

After I unplugged 2 of my IDE devices (2 DVDRWs) the system booted up again. Then I replugged the power to both the DVDRWs and it booted fine.

Might be PSU issue. Check it out.

thks for all the suggestions.. cant really do much.. i guess probably is overheat , if the ram spoilt the pc cant even start right ? ram wun spoil so easily

Check your Mobo and the processor, one of them could be failing.

thks for all the suggestions.. cant really do much.. i guess probably is overheat , if the ram spoilt the pc cant even start right ? ram wun spoil so easily

You sure? :think: I have a few pieces of dead ram.

Actually the quality of the PSU and mainboard plays a part as well. Either/both which are lousy, it'll eventually cause components to fail.

Overheat? Your 1700 is palomino or barton core? If its the former - I agree it runs hot and needs modded cooling. I'm using an Aerocool CPU cooler with 2x 80mm fans for my 2400XP, switched from a 1700 palomino as it was running too hot for my comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.