PC-PC sync cable

virtualme78

Jul 21, 2010
Singapore
www.capturealifestudio.com
Hi guys,

I need an at least 2m long PC - PC sync cable, I have enquired with many stores but to no avail. May I know if it is possible to even find a store selling them?

Hi guys, I need an at least 2m long PC - PC sync cable, I have enquired with many stores but to no avail. May I know if it is possible to even find a store selling them?

There is this shop on the top floor of sin lim Tower. They custom make different lengths of cable according to your needs. I got my 15m long projector power cords from there and even a 10 m long VGA cable. Dunn about PC sync cords, but it could be worth a shot.

All the best!

The sync cable is a simple two wire connection. One part is the same as Mono Audio connection, 3.5mm jack.
So all what you need is a Mono Audio extension cord with 3.5mm jacks (male and female). Secure the connection with some tape or make a sling to prevent accidental separation.

Last edited:
The sync cable is a simple two wire connection. One part is the same as Mono Audio connection, 3.5mm jack. So all what you need is a Mono Audio extension cord with 3.5mm jacks (male and female). Secure the connection with some tape or make a sling to prevent accidental separation.

Is it easy to find the mono audio connection? Like at sim lim tower?

There is this shop on the top floor of sin lim Tower. They custom make different lengths of cable according to your needs. I got my 15m long projector power cords from there and even a 10 m long VGA cable. Dunn about PC sync cords, but it could be worth a shot. All the best!

Thanks Norman... Will check them out

There is this shop on the top floor of sin lim Tower. They custom make different lengths of cable according to your needs. I got my 15m long projector power cords from there and even a 10 m long VGA cable. Dunn about PC sync cords, but it could be worth a shot. All the best!

If I have an existing cable that is too short for use, can they remove the connections and fix them on another longer cable?

Is it easy to find the mono audio connection? Like at sim lim tower?
Sim Lim Square has at least two shops who have all kinds of cables. For some you need to go deeper between the shelves. Somewhere 3rd and 4th floor, small shops, very little decoration, full of DIY stuffs.

Will any cable do?
Optical cables won't help. Stick to copper.
If you don't know about cable types and stuff, stick to the recommended Audio extension cord.

Hi guys, I need an at least 2m long PC - PC sync cable, I have enquired with many stores but to no avail. May I know if it is possible to even find a store selling them?

Are you looking for cables for data sync?

There are 2 types. RS232 or USB and you need a software.

Yes there are few shops in sim lim that sells them. You need to let them know it's for data sync.

Are you looking for cables for data sync? There are 2 types. RS232 or USB and you need a software. Yes there are few shops in sim lim that sells them. You need to let them know it's for data sync.

I'm sorry... I'm a noob at cable stuffs... I'm basically looking for a cable to trigger my flash...

I usually just order pc cables direct from ebay can try china or hongkong sellers

I'm sorry... I'm a noob at cable stuffs... I'm basically looking for a cable to trigger my flash...

PC-PC isn't flash trigger cable.

Strongly suggest you ignore all the previous postings and bring your camera and flash to a camera store and ask lest.

PC-PC isn't flash trigger cable.
Strongly suggest you ignore all the previous postings and bring your camera and flash to a camera store and ask lest.
I suggest you read up about "PC sync cable" in the context of flash ;) There are terms that look similar from the outside but still refer to something completely different.
TS: Yes, any audio / headphone cable with mono plug is suitable. Stereo should work es well, it doesn't matter that there is one connection more in the plugs and cable. Plug size is 3.5mm. If unsure, look for any normal headphone / earphone and look at the size of the plug. You will need a cable with one male plug and one female socket.

PC to PC (where PC= Personal Computer) connections are normally networks via Lan cards, RJ45 connectors, Cat 5 twisted pair cables via routers. Direct PC to PC lan w/o routers use modified version of Cat 5.

AV (audio & video or visual) connectors for PC or other devices, use these type of connectors http://www.leftandwrite.com/brian/content/content.php?id=19

Flash sync connectors/cables (where PC = Pontor Compur) is different from the above. See http://www.scantips.com/lights/trigger.html & http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prontor-Compur Go to photo shops at Sim Lim Square, Funan Center or Peninsula Plaza.

Hi guys,

I need an at least 2m long PC - PC sync cable, I have enquired with many stores but to no avail. May I know if it is possible to even find a store selling them?

Last edited:
TC is looking for PC sync cables... the ones that attaches to flashes.