PC monitor for 200-300 SGD?

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Hey guys! Sucks to have A levels during the recent IT fair and missing out on their good deals.

Anyway, does anybody know if there are any good monitors for gaming / photography (i.e. calibration friendly) and cost around SGD 200-300? Most important is DVI connectivity. Screen size at least 20" i guess. Not asking for much because of the budget.

Heard that Dell monitors aren't too bad, and they're having good deals online now I see! Anyone have experience with them?

Monitors & Monitor Accessories | Dell Singapore

And honestly, if I don't do Xbox/PS3 gaming and all that, is HDMI really important?

Cheers,
Zexun

Last edited:
HDMI is the way to go, not just for gaming. The Dell low-end monitors are so-so. I also have a BenQ at home, it comes pre-calibrated and is very easy to recalibrate. Great for gaming too. About 230 brand new, but should be able to find for 150 or so second hand.

Can I ask why HDMI is future proof? I heard that BenQ might not have the best blacks or colors for lets say movie / gaming, etc.

I got my HP2009f for $299 at newstead. They have great offers there too.

Hmm S$300 for a 20" seems a little high now though, just imo. I'm not sure about that!

I see I see. It never occurred to me that HDMI was going to be industry standard for computer connections itself. After all, I'm still on a Nvidia 7800GT vid card haha.

So to keep costs low, what I'm looking for is a TN or IPS lcd screen with dvi and hdmi input and not too long response time for gaming?

for small LCD/LED , you dont need HDMI.

What is HDMI and HDTV - Main

but i am not sure 480p and 720p got any different on 20 inch LCD/LED. i am using 46 inch TV so HDMI is a must for me.

but if you dont use PC to watch blu ray, then u dont need HDMI.

Then again, i think now all LCD/LED already HDMI connector already, it is a standard.

having said so much, just get 1 with HDMI lar.

then also get spyder calibrator, nowaday those screen is very bright at factory default, see until eyes very pain.....

Last edited:
I see I see. It never occurred to me that HDMI was going to be industry standard for computer connections itself. After all, I'm still on a Nvidia 7800GT vid card haha.

So to keep costs low, what I'm looking for is a TN or IPS lcd screen with dvi and hdmi input and not too long response time for gaming?

DVI is good too. What I meant is avoid the old analog VGA connector. :)