PC for image editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaXiong

Feb 17, 2006
Hi bros...

I intend to buy a pc for image editing. (High speed downloading of pic from memory card, Hi processing speed for image editing software etc...)
I dunno which mother board, Graphic card , how much Ram is suitable for image editing purpose...
Any recommendation? Mind to share your PC spec ?

Sorry for asking this kind of questions here. I am not sure if this is the suitable section to ask or not.. I post this thread here as it is related to digital dark room... :embrass:

what's your budget... easier to tailor recommendations to budget... unless budget is unlimited :cool:

what's your budget... easier to tailor recommendations to budget... unless budget is unlimited :cool:

Hi theRBK, ard S$1k sufficient? Of cos the cheaper the better for my wallet.. Hee... :D

Hi theRBK, ard S$1k sufficient? Of cos the cheaper the better for my wallet.. Hee... :D
bro, long time no see liao...
anyway might want to try the custom setup by videopro, they are priced around $500-$1000, can consider the lower end and then top up another $30 for a extra GB of ram and probably $100 for a dedicated graphic card if you do some gaming, else just leave it.

http://www.videopro.com.sg/getdata.php?id=168

can use the rest of the $ LCD... etc

they are of cos not top of the class, but speedy enough to do processing on 10MP jpg with decent number of layer on photoshop

bro, long time no see liao...
anyway might want to try the custom setup by videopro, they are priced around $500-$1000, can consider the lower end and then top up another $30 for a extra GB of ram and probably $100 for a dedicated graphic card if you do some gaming, else just leave it.

http://www.videopro.com.sg/getdata.php?id=168

can use the rest of the $ LCD... etc

they are of cos not top of the class, but speedy enough to do processing on 10MP jpg with decent number of layer on photoshop

Yo bro... long time no see... thanks for your useful tips.... Will PM u seek your advise if needed in near future.. Hee hee...Thanks thanks ;)

At a budget of $1000.00 you can get a top notch one at Sim Lim Square.
Do PM me if you need my help :) I'll package a spec for you.

Cheers!

Hi bros...

I intend to buy a pc for image editing. (High speed downloading of pic from memory card, Hi processing speed for image editing software etc...)
I dunno which mother board, Graphic card , how much Ram is suitable for image editing purpose...
Any recommendation? Mind to share your PC spec ?

Sorry for asking this kind of questions here. I am not sure if this is the suitable section to ask or not.. I post this thread here as it is related to digital dark room... :embrass:

If you have an older PC, you can still salvage the casing, DVD-Writer, mouse, keyboard, speakers and probably the hard disk as well.

This leaves you enough money to purchase a motherboard, mid-range CPU (never buy the latest top-of-the-line CPU unless you are prepared to pay $$$$), at least 2GB of RAM and a new power supply unit. Why PSU you may ask? Older PSUs don't work well with Duo or Quad core CPUs.

This will saves you at least $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.