Pb & Friends goes to Tunglok

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychobiologist

Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Pb & Friends went to eat today.. since got people say is good.. but opinion is that food can be a lot better.

Comparing to real ala carte at other tunglok restaurants.. seems that the ala carte buffet they dont cook the food on the spot, but instead prepare it earlier and then scoup out some whenever there is an order. Thus quality is not very good.. a slight disappointment..

first is the buddha jumps over the wall
8576d436.jpg

you just need to add $5 on top of your buffet price.. i.e. 28.80 + $5 to get this.. but its just too mushroomy.. the piece of damn mushroom kills the taste of the soup it becomes chinese mushroom soup instead. and where is the scallop?!?!? the sharks fin is tiny and.. i rather not have it... no sea cucumber spotted either.. this is a super far cry from that of the tunglok at liang court.. this is more like Buddha jump into the wall or something..

95ec04da.jpg

this peking duck is not bad i would say, but it seems that the chef doesnt slice it the conventional peking duck way, i.e. more skin less meat. instead it is sliced with a sliver of skin and a load of meat.. i think long beach at IMM the peking duck better.. ($40 a whole duck... )

13e4fe12.jpg

prawns! only 100g per person?! and the prawn seems a tad dry.. doesnt have that typical juicyness of fast poached prawns.. you know when you bite into the shell the juice is suppose to squirt into your mouth filling it with flavour.. but this is.. DRY....

20e2887b.jpg

chilli crab is NO GOOD!! meat is soft.. 6 people share 1 tiny crab... it definitely is superbly over cook. must have been on constant heating for too long......

b18c7559.jpg

salmon sashimi is not too bad.. quite decent actually...

5725ff4c.jpg

unagi sushi is good!

well i suppose this restaurant seems to have a good japanese chef

a4de01cd.jpg

this is not to our liking!! we all felt that the fish is probably boiled in a sieve to cook it fast!! the flavour and sweetness of the fish is all leached out, and when you flip the fish the meat falls off! not STEAMED!.

188f4902.jpg

cereal prawn.. not too bad.. but the real good cereal prawns will be those "ang kah hei".. red legged prawns.. but cannot expect too much from buffet rah...

comments welcome.

forgive the lack of styling.. cuz everyone couldnt wait attacking the food

Erm, may I ask which brand / location is it?

Thanks!

ahaha.. I just noticed my type. I meant to say which branch.

Thanks for providing the info! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.