paypal users pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

barracuda

Jul 14, 2002
Singapore
www.fearstar.blogspot.com
i want to transfer my money from my paypal account directly into my posb sing $ account. how can i do it? in particularly, how can i find out the institutional code for posb, which is required by paypal to do such transfers.

TIA :cool:

paypal website has a list of all banks and branch codes in Singapore. But you need to be a merchant account to receive $ and link to your bank.

I called my banks and they understood what I was asking and gave me the numbers. I am not a merchant and successfully transfer money from PayPal to my DBS account every month.

Phildate said:
I called my banks and they understood what I was asking and gave me the numbers. I am not a merchant and successfully transfer money from PayPal to my DBS account every month.

is that right? I had to sign up as merchant in order to receive $$. but then again it was a long time ago, when they just started out.

barracuda said:
i want to transfer my money from my paypal account directly into my posb sing $ account. how can i do it? in particularly, how can i find out the institutional code for posb, which is required by paypal to do such transfers.

TIA :cool:

if you are a DBS customer, you can use the internet banking to get a lookup on the bank's code and branch code.

Sorry for the bump!

My account have a limit. If i want to increse my limit, i've to pay a US$1.95 fee? Anyone of you got to pay a fee?

It says:

'To lift this limit, please add a credit card and enroll in PayPal's Expanded Use Program.'

afbug said:
Sorry for the bump!

My account have a limit. If i want to increse my limit, i've to pay a US$1.95 fee? Anyone of you got to pay a fee?

It says:

'To lift this limit, please add a credit card and enroll in PayPal's Expanded Use Program.'

You need to pay the US$1.95 fee by your credit card and after that check you statement for the 4 digit to lift the limit.

You need the Bank code 4 digit and branch code 3 digit, account no inorder to withdraw money to your account. Take about 10 days intotal. :thumbsup:

soma said:
You need to pay the US$1.95 fee by your credit card and after that check you statement for the 4 digit to lift the limit.

You need the Bank code 4 digit and branch code 3 digit, account no inorder to withdraw money to your account. Take about 10 days intotal. :thumbsup:

Wow thanks for the quick reply. So i have to call my bank/branch? Or can i obtain them on the net?

afbug said:
Wow thanks for the quick reply. So i have to call my bank/branch? Or can i obtain them on the net?

better to double check with the bank, done that year ago wonder code got change or not. Can call or just go any branch to ask.

soma said:
better to double check with the bank, done that year ago wonder code got change or not. Can call or just go any branch to ask.

Ok. The US$1.95 is a one time fee rite? Or i have to pay $1.95 everytime i want to top-up? Also, i need to input my bank account no besides the bank's code correct?

Sorry man, 1st time user of paypal. A bit confusing and scary cos it involves $$$. :)

The US$1.95 fee is a one-off and unless I am mistaken, it is refunded as soon as you enter the four-digit pin that is part of the transaction on your credit card statement. I guess it is a form of protection for Paypal. Having become an extended user you can withdraw more than US$500 a month to the bank in Singapore. Very useful!

Thank you. Thats cool. BTW, i need to input my bank account number in addition to the bank/branch code?

soma said:

I can only check the 4digit (expanded use no.) after they send mi the bill?

another question ..
when i want to send $ to a company in which I purchase goods from ..
I see that I only need the company email to send $ over .. thats it ?

simon80 said:
another question ..
when i want to send $ to a company in which I purchase goods from ..
I see that I only need the company email to send $ over .. thats it ?

Usually thats it..better if they could send you an invoice created thru paypal. :thumbsup:

tks

ani help on the 4digit code?
I can only know it after i got my CC bill ?

simon80 said:
tks

ani help on the 4digit code?
I can only know it after i got my CC bill ?

You could check thru your internet banking under transcation history. Should be able to get the 4 digit after 3-4days.

Phildate said:
The US$1.95 fee is a one-off and unless I am mistaken, it is refunded as soon as you enter the four-digit pin that is part of the transaction on your credit card statement. I guess it is a form of protection for Paypal. Having become an extended user you can withdraw more than US$500 a month to the bank in Singapore. Very useful!

it's not really one-off. everytime you change credit card, you need to pay US$1.95

Status
Not open for further replies.