pay to shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotaboy

Deregistered
Nov 23, 2007
Woodlands
I was actually wondering how much is the market price do one have to pay to shoot a friend as a model?
Like how much would i have to offer him/her?[assuming they're the usual classmate and never done modelling before]

I was actually wondering how much is the market price do one have to pay to shoot a friend as a model?
Like how much would i have to offer him/her?[assuming they're the usual classmate and never done modelling before]

if its your fren,maybe u can ask them if they would like to do TFCD
you shoot pics of them and them give them the pics on a cd
that way,you can shoot and they have nice pics of themselves

if its your fren,maybe u can ask them if they would like to do TFCD
you shoot pics of them and them give them the pics on a cd
that way,you can shoot and they have nice pics of themselves

Lol but i doubt they would want to be model.
I mean most people,espeically girls would dream to be one but realistically speaking not many would want to go through the 'down' phase of not getting paid in the initial stage.
And morever,if i want to shoot modle,i'll be the most likely person who'll approach them and i rather be offering them monies than tfcd.[TFCD are good for aspring models but for as for the extra pops,i think they would rather get money]

So yea,what is the market pric?

It used to be the model wannabes paying the photographer to shoot.:think:

if it is a greenhorn and not modeling before, why should you pay he/her in $$?

just like nobody in his right mind will pay you $$ to ask you shoot something right?

if you want to pay $$ to hire a model, than you should hire a decent one to make your investment worth.

just like nobody in his right mind will pay you $$ to ask you shoot something right?

if you want to pay $$ to hire a model, than you should hire a decent one to make your investment worth.

this will then be photographer wannabes paying established models for shoots :sweat:

Understand where your going at but since i'm asking the person to do me a favor of posing,be they green or professional,an exchange has to be made and i'm thinking monies.

I'm not a pro but a newbie but since i'm doign the asking,i'll have to offer.

let's not OT,what do you think is the market rates?

Yayaya not funny.

of course it's not funny, that's the way things work :) anyway, there's no fixed market rate, especially when both of you are not operating as professionals in the field. you two can negotiate a term both of you find reasonable.

Understand where your going at but since i'm asking the person to do me a favor of posing,be they green or professional,an exchange has to be made and i'm thinking monies.

I'm not a pro but a newbie but since i'm doign the asking,i'll have to offer.

let's not OT,what do you think is the market rates?
Ok, usually some junior models charging $50 per hour for a casual outfit shoot, even you pay half price for 1st time model, I think you are Robert, cos I will not want to waste my time teach and pay them $$ at the same time.

Ok, usually some junior models charging $50 per hour for a casual outfit shoot, even you pay half price for 1st time model, I think you are Robert, cos I will not want to waste my time teach and pay them $$ at the same time.

Robert?:dunno:

:confused:

So the market price to pay someone who hasn't model before will be ~50/2?

I don't think there is a market rate for it and there is such market. May be you can show off your gears to them and see their response.:think::think: And request them in a nice way. Tell them that they are photogenic and all sorts of BS........:lovegrin::lovegrin:

I don't think offering money is that good. May be a dinner at decent restaurant will do.

Robert?:dunno:

:confused:

So the market price to pay someone who hasn't model before will be ~50/2?
do you ever think of if you insist of paying in cash is an insult??

if they are your friends, you are asking a favor and they willing to help you, you should not pay them in money, buy them lunch or gift or whatever.

anyway, do you know why I never mention you offer them TFCD?? those who know me better sure know why.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Maybe you should cut down on the sarcasm.
Unless you want to engage me inthe pleasure of a flame war.

Offer me $500, I be your model:lovegrin::lovegrin:

do you ever think of if you insist of paying in cash is an insult??

if they are your friends, you are asking a favor and they willing to help you, you should not pay them in money, buy them lunch or gift or whatever.

anyway, do you know why I never mention you offer them TFCD?? those who know me better sure know why.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Of course offer them money doesn;t sound very "kind" but i did tried offering lunch to a friend asking for troubleshooting of network and he claim why aren't i paying him.

Lesson learned.
Better to offer monies since it's a universal unit for exchange.

Maybe you should cut down on the sarcasm.
Unless you want to engage me inthe pleasure of a flame war.
I'm telling you directly, you asking your friend pose for you, buy them lunch is the best,
if you want to pay money, hire a model with some experience is the best.

so now if you think I'm insulting you, that's all from me, take it or leave it.

I'm telling you directly, you asking your friend pose for you, buy them lunch is the best,
if you want to pay money, hire a model with some experience is the best.

so now if you think I'm insulting you, that's all from me, take it or leave it.

I was referring to the TFCD part

Money is not everything......... I think i'll stop posting in this thread from now on after understanding your situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.