pay monthly installment for camera

miqbal93

Jan 27, 2009
woodlands,admiralty
any idea where i can buy a dslr that alloww payment in installations?

really need a camera but no money to pay for it at one go! tsk!

instalments normally have to be done through your credit card provider.

the bigger shops like cathay, alan, harvey norman allow you to do so.

also please note they will normally charge a fee for such payment (i cant remember and you will need to ask). if they say there is no charge for paying instalments, ask for cash price. the difference is the fee.

any idea where i can buy a dslr that alloww payment in installations?

really need a camera but no money to pay for it at one go! tsk!

Think the easiet way is to ask the main shops to send u equotes for credit card installment payment option as each shops charge diff % of admin fee (some 3.5% some 4% etc..)

I'm sure CP have credit card 0% interest on certain banks of CC. Can always call CP and ask them. But if you are talking about Hitachi credit, you are better off paying by cash, the interests alone over a period of 12, 24 mths are alot by Hitachi credit. Unless it's 0% interest free by CC.

Last edited:
Can try Courts or Best Denki if you do not have a credit card. Think updated pay slip is required.

I'm sure CP have credit card 0% interest on certain banks of CC. Can always call CP and ask them. But if you are talking about Hitachi credit, you are better off paying by cash, the interests alone over a period of 12, 24 mths are alot by Hitachi credit. Unless it's 0% interest free by CC.

There is no such thing as 0% interest. Credit cards will charge you an "admin fee" which is a % of the price. this is effectively interest upfront. :thumbsd:

come come, i provide money loaning service.

ah long charge 20% interest per week, i charge u cheap cheap since from CS, only 19% per month :bsmilie::bsmilie:

That is the worse place to buy camera. Kanna chop until song song. No money then don't buy. Unless it is a need.

Agree... chop yes... chop song song... not really that bad compared to black shop at Lucky Plaza or SLS. Not much choice if one need a cam urgently, doesn't have a credit card and need easy payment services.

There is no such thing as 0% interest. Credit cards will charge you an "admin fee" which is a % of the price. this is effectively interest upfront. :thumbsd:

Of course they will factor in the interest into the price if not how do the bank earn extra $$ from consumer haha.

Bank dont do business free one haha everything is interest.

What is the returns in investment (ROI) that people need to buy a camera on credit basis? Is it all worth it for the instant gratification? Why saddle yourself in debt over something like a technological device that quickly becomes obsolete tomorrow; will your debt be paid up or become obsolete tomorrow too?

This is one mystery that I'll never comprehend. :confused:

Last edited:
Of course they will factor in the interest into the price if not how do the bank earn extra $$ from consumer haha.

you will be surprised by the number of people who think they are getting free credit.

hmm, looks like i'll have to take a trip to courts then. sigh. btw, yeah it's a need, not a want. :cry:

thanks for the constructive replys anyways.

anybody knows the price of which i would have to pay monthly for a D300S ? hahas thanks again

find out the price of D300S. decide on how many months you want to pay over. take the price divided by the number of months that is your monthly instalment payment!

actually in cc 0% installment, there's no additional admin fee as long as u got no outstanding balance on ur card and u pay full installment amount every month. Bank is hoping that u won't pay full amount each month so that they can charge interest. It's not the same however with facilities like paywise where they charge admin fee upfront.

actually in cc 0% installment, there's no additional admin fee as long as u got no outstanding balance on ur card and u pay full installment amount every month. Bank is hoping that u won't pay full amount each month so that they can charge interest. It's not the same however with facilities like paywise where they charge admin fee upfront.

yup... seems like people are replying just for the sake of replying w/o knowing the facts...

i've had interesting free installments before with my citibank n UOB credit cards with NO additional so called admin charges. whatever the store quotes u, u pay off that same amt in installments...

of course the stores will quote u a higher prices if u decide to pay by CC rather than cash.

hmm, looks like i'll have to take a trip to courts then. sigh. btw, yeah it's a need, not a want. :cry:

thanks for the constructive replys anyways.

anybody knows the price of which i would have to pay monthly for a D300S ? hahas thanks again

courts, HN and all other stores other than CC charge interest for installment payment.
and usually, at killing rate.

that's how these stores grow from departmental to MEGA STORE! :sweat:

courts, HN and all other stores other than CC charge interest for installment payment.
and usually, at killing rate.

that's how these stores grow from departmental to MEGA STORE! :sweat:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

need? then u must be using it to earn money then how can u not know courts are the worse place? you are paying like RRP. even buy from cathay with credit is cheaper.