photoevangel.com
Wanted to put this in the PhotoBiz subforum... but

[vid]mj5IV23g-fE[/vid]

jus enjoy and see how the market is spoilt even when there's a union

:angel:

:bsmilie: damm... that was really enjoyable... :bsmilie:

"Give me the god damm DVD!!" :bsmilie:

+1

really good, will be referring to this a lot.

nice :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Unfortunately for the pros around here this will fall on the deaf ears of most of the amateurs.

Unfortunately for the pros around here this will fall on the deaf ears of most of the amateurs.

one of the reason why I put this here instead of in the biz section.

It's has more entertainment value rather then impact on the market. I like the way he "suan" the company. :cool:

mabbe pros here can learn the "suaning" skill. :bsmilie:

one of the reason why I put this here instead of in the biz section.

It's has more entertainment value rather then impact on the market. I like the way he "suan" the company. :cool:

mabbe pros here can learn the "suaning" skill. :bsmilie:

cannot la, keep suaning then will have bad reputation :sweat:

must be polite

"do you get a pay check? does your boss get a pay check?" :bsmilie:

I totally agree with this guy.
I get some backside magazine in RUSSIA calling me saying they love my work and want to feature me and oh can we feature this editorial you did
I tell them "yeah you have to pay for the editorial" and they say "oh we don't pay to feature artists..."
So I tell them to forward me some copies of their magazine and I'll discuss with my "agent" about it.

another company wanted to use my imagery and face and words to promote their commercial product, together with other photographers. I asked how much I was getting paid, they said "oh everyone else is doing it pro bono...including xxx(famous photographer)"
Yes I did go ahead and do it in the end, but I wouldn't again.

There are considerations to make when doing anything for free.
I feel that as long as it's a money making endeavour you're contributing to then you should be given money too.
And charities? Tricky area. Charities have administrative costs which are covered by donations. You should consider photography as an administrative cost too.

Don't fall for the "oh it'll give you good publicity..." crap. If in doubt, ask fellow photographers. Hell, ask me, I'll gladly give you advice.
Personally I feel that until a system is set up which enforces certain standards, we'll have people falling for that crap continually and people looking to exploit us continually.

You should NEVER do anything COMMERCIAL for free.
Doing so will just erode the market.

I TOTALLY EMPATHIZE WITH THIS GUY

Status
Not open for further replies.