Pay Increment for NSFs too ~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilterFunk

Apr 1, 2006
卧龙岗
April 12, 2007, 4.05 pm (Singapore time)

NSF's rank allowance to go up $50
By Bernice Bong, Straits Times Interactive

The rank allowance for full-time national servicemen in both the Home Team agencies and the SAF will go up by $50 a month from July this year.

Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean announced the increase in allowance when he launched NS40 at the Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza on Thursday.

Mr Teo said the NS rank allowance was last reviewed in 2002 and 'this is a fitting year to conduct another review in order to better recognise the contributions of our national servicemen'.

He said a recruit will see an increase in allowance to $400 per month from $350. An NSF officer holding the rank of LTA or Inspector will receive $1,100, up from the current $1,050.

Mr Teo also revealed that Mindef and the Ministry of Home Affairs will raise the allowances for NS key command and staff appointment holders by 20 per cent across the board.

The increase will take effect for work year 2007.

He said, 'some NS key command and staff appointment holders also serve longer periods of time other NS men.'

'To recognise their greater contributions, NS key command and staff appointment holders currently receive an allowance top of their make-up pay.'

NS40 commenmorates 40 years of NS with an exhibition that showcases the evolution of National Service across the years, army and navy open houses as well as the formal opening of the Army Museum.

The exhibition pays tribute to more than 700,000 NS men, their families and employers for their commitment, sacrifice and their staunch support for National Service.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all i can say is... WOW.. timing so nice? :think:
thats going to be good news for those going in as well as existing serving (ord after july 07 that is) :sweat:

ooo...last time only $100...eat many many grass.:bsmilie:

pacifying...lol

50 is not really a big sum, unless the nsf all the way stay in....take transport go home oredi siong. :bsmilie:

pacifying...lol

50 is not really a big sum, unless the nsf all the way stay in....take transport go home oredi siong. :bsmilie:

$50/ $350 (basic recruit pay)

is a substantial % improvement.

I say it's good. =) You have no idea how clerks without cookhouses suffer. No free food, transport everyday from own pocket. =(

$50/ $350 (basic recruit pay)

is a substantial % improvement.

I say it's good. =) You have no idea how clerks without cookhouses suffer. No free food, transport everyday from own pocket. =(

they can request to post to stay-in unit with cookhouse and free guard duty :thumbsup:

they can request to post to stay-in unit with cookhouse and free guard duty :thumbsup:
Not really.

But anyways, also got guard duty. And all sorts of funny office duties.

Don't play play. :nono: :nono:

remind me of ppl who offer 2 provide food but not pay for photographers...

my time, guard duty weekday $50, friday $80, sat/sunday $100 to $200... ;p
where got so good free.

i wonder if they used the lowest paid salaries as benchmarks :bsmilie:

Those that got progress package money last year, this year have a not?

Not really.

But anyways, also got guard duty. And all sorts of funny office duties.

Don't play play. :nono: :nono:

if you are a clerk, you should be happy already. :)

and why should that be the case?:dunno:

happiness is subjective. some people like to be commando, some people like to be guards, some people like to be clerks. each have their advantages and disadvantages. so pass your IPPT, get the 400 dollars and be happy. :)

I came from the $90 for recruit era. A case of "free food, free lodging, free clothing, free physical training, so stop complaining" era. ;)

I think the NSF LTA is paid more than the clerk at my office....

How things have changed. Maybe when my son get enlisted his recuit allowance will be higher than my starting pay?:think:

happiness is subjective. some people like to be commando, some people like to be guards, some people like to be clerks. each have their advantages and disadvantages. so pass your IPPT, get the 400 dollars and be happy. :)
NSF IPPT Gold only $200

Status
Not open for further replies.