Pay $0 for a remote. Use a pocket pc =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile_gerard

Jan 18, 2006
Singapore
I was trying out this software called NoviiRemote. Its actually a universal controller for pda phones. Mine is an ipaq 6365. The software is able to record codes directly from remotes. So i tried my luck and googled to see if someone did it for my D70. And true enough a site came up. I loaded the configuration and it works like a charm. I don't know if i'm allowed to post links. But do tell me if i can. Oh ya its for windows mobile 2003.

Hmm, a friend's Zire already can trigger her D70 :lovegrin:

That sure was a fast reply. Well i just wanted to share with the rest. Not many would know they can do this.

smile_gerard said:
That sure was a fast reply. Well i just wanted to share with the rest. Not many would know they can do this.
Yeah :thumbsup:

It might be cheaper to buy a remote than to buy a PDA to remote the camera :lovegrin:

Haha thats also quite true. Its like how they advertise BMW. Buy a bmw and get an ipod free ;p

espn said:
Hmm, a friend's Zire already can trigger her D70 :lovegrin:

Can send me the link or instructions on how this can be done.

Sharf

I have no clue about palm. Sorry... Hopefully the other feller could give you a helping hand.

sharf said:
Can send me the link or instructions on how this can be done.

Sharf
http://www.novii.tv/palm/
If I were you, I'd rather buy the ML-L3. It's much smaller to use and you don't have to run a program just to trigger your camera.

smile_gerard said:
I was trying out this software called NoviiRemote. Its actually a universal controller for pda phones. Mine is an ipaq 6365. The software is able to record codes directly from remotes. So i tried my luck and googled to see if someone did it for my D70. And true enough a site came up. I loaded the configuration and it works like a charm. I don't know if i'm allowed to post links. But do tell me if i can. Oh ya its for windows mobile 2003.
How did you pay $0 for NoviiRemote? I think it cost around USD$35, I can buy 2 ML-L3 with that money, plus I think the range is limited. I have triggered a D70 using ML-L3 from more than 25m away.

smile_gerard said:

thats cool. I am using a dopod with pocketPC, will be always in my pocket. care to share the config?

hee.. i'm on my Palm and has been using it since beginning, but program is OmniRemote instead.

Just borrow a IR control from someone who has it and train ur OmniRemote using the train function.

However, point to note.. the IR transmition signal is not as sensitive as the actual remote. You will not be able to fire rapid shots wif Palm IR.

I would still prefer to have the remote, but sad thing was that the remote was always out of stock.. haiZ...

Heee... BBB the remote :thumbsup:

I think you would have 3 choices. Change ppc, Get a remote or just keep wondering ;p
I know i would just keep wondering haha. Because the remote don't really seem important to me.

There is no such thing as a free lunch!

You need to pay for the software. It is not a free software. Unless you use cr*ck :nono: .

Also, if you don't have ppc, you must buy ppc.....

Somemore, the distance is awful.

Regards,
Arto.

Pay $0 for a remote??

Nikon D70s kit - $1699
Dopod 818 Pro PDA phone - $938
NoviiRemote Deluxe - $34.99

Missing a shot because the IR remote cannot trigger properly - Priceless

Do you know that a universer TV remote controloer can also do the same job? :bsmilie:

Comapred to the price of the PALM, this one should be priceless.

smile_gerard said:

Status
Not open for further replies.