Patong Beach

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you tilt your camera slightly downwards? i think it might work better if u capture abit more of the sky and abit less of the darker foreground.

oh yeah, try turn off the flash for such shoots and slow down the shutter speed. it will produce a different effect. you might need a tripod though.:p

Hi Falcon96,

nice shot.

I agree with dolpjki's assessment. The main theme here seems like the sky. The foreground distracts the viewer from the main attraction (sky).

Bernard

Ya, actually i did not use any manual function, i put it in auto mode instead cus my wife was rushing me. yup i agree that a tripod shld be used, unfortunately i did not have 1 as the A80 is a small camera. Had tried to hold it as still as possible. I was just generally trying to capture the overall view of the area with the sky, hv tried to crop away the lower ground to focus on the sky but it dosen't seem rite, so i left it as is it. Wait till i go n get a 350D manz.....;)

I like the colour combination. very raw! NICE WORK!!!

Hi hi

Good positioning to capture the dramatic colors. Hmmm...composition a little too equal between sky and foreground. The street lights in the foreground also a little distracting. Excellent try nonetheless.

:)

Thanks for your comment, will take note of that in future......:bsmilie:

i think the foregd is interesting on its own. maybe there are two, or three, pictures here. If u know PS there are tricks to correct the exposure for both foregd and the sky, and that may be some pic.

Falcon96 said:
i put it in auto mode instead cus my wife was rushing me.

something off topic... wives & photography dun mix very well together... haha ;p
they seldom appreciate wat we do... at most they'll say, "well, this is a nice pic."

they'll show you black face when you walk for miles or spend a little more time to look for a nice angle/view, etc

the effect will be worse when your kids are around... :bsmilie:

TrIjAm said:
something off topic... wives & photography dun mix very well together... haha ;p
they seldom appreciate wat we do... at most they'll say, "well, this is a nice pic."

they'll show you black face when you walk for miles or spend a little more time to look for a nice angle/view, etc

Hahaha....Bro totally agree with your comment......:bsmilie: :sweat: :sweat:

TrIjAm said:

hahaha!!! welcome to clubsnapPED. 5 more secs stationary and you'll kena snapped at. hahaha.. that's why i go on shoots alone. wonder why the wifeys never feel the same when we *have to* trail along for their shopping "shootouts". :)

sorry for going OT here.. couldn't help it... nothing more to add to comments except watch out for composition, apply rule of thirds. pic looks half and half (sky and ground) plus ealier comments are right, the dark foreground and messy lights are distracting. better luck next time. ;)

relieved to know there are others out there having the same experience on "wives & photography"... haha. hope i din start a wife bashing thread here... ;p

Trigger Happy said:
hahaha!!! welcome to clubsnapPED. 5 more secs stationary and you'll kena snapped at. hahaha.. that's why i go on shoots alone. wonder why the wifeys never feel the same when we *have to* trail along for their shopping "shootouts". :)

sorry for going OT here.. couldn't help it... nothing more to add to comments except watch out for composition, apply rule of thirds. pic looks half and half (sky and ground) plus ealier comments are right, the dark foreground and messy lights are distracting. better luck next time. ;)

Thanks bro for you comment...will take note of that....

Hopefully none of our wifey's or any wifey see this post or we're all be bashed to death.....:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.