Patience

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacvios

Jan 25, 2005
fish01.jpg

it's refreshing that you try something new, though personally, you'll benefit with a landscape format here. people normally associate portrait format as length/distance. landscape format for width/vastness. it's also a waste to lose that strong line of the fishing rod in portrait, it's like you're cutting off the picture too soon. exposure was probably a tough bugger to handle, the white wash looks slightly over and the foreground i feel lacks exposure. the angler seems to meld with the rocks. try some dodging.

foxtwo said:
it's refreshing that you try something new, though personally, you'll benefit with a landscape format here. people normally associate portrait format as length/distance. landscape format for width/vastness. it's also a waste to lose that strong line of the fishing rod in portrait, it's like you're cutting off the picture too soon. exposure was probably a tough bugger to handle, the white wash looks slightly over and the foreground i feel lacks exposure. the angler seems to meld with the rocks. try some dodging.

Thanks for the kind comments :)

woah! nice! exciting composition. It is always good when it works, especially even when you break the "rules" achieving it. Nice negative space. great texture in the water. Agreed with need for some dodging.

Nice overall composition. I think you need to crop the top half.

doesn't work for me. not enough space on top, not here not there. the angler is taking up too huge an area to give you the effect you want to achieve. the fishing rod is an important leading line which can be used to lead to the vast water body you want to depict, thus the cropping away of the fishing rod is a major minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.