Path to Tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZDragon

Nov 9, 2006
Bedok
www.onzlah.com
I tried taking this picture close to 50 times on several days. Tried and failed tried and failed till today... I still find something is missing.... C&C please.

Path to Tranquility.

tranquility.jpg

Thanks and best regards

First of all

:thumbsup: for your commitment and perseverance.

From your title - Pathway to Tranquility. I can only see the pathway, but no tranquility.

Perhaps what you can do is to shoot at a smaller aperture, thus bringing out more of the background(tranquility).

yar no tranquility, i can feel loneliness and quietness though. Discard that white distraction at the bottom. Try either more pebbles or more trees whichever you might like..50times on several days that is alot of shots in total!

increase ur aperture value too to show more of the trees anyway this is landscape =D

Try including peaceful human elements perhaps a couple walking down the path or something

Thanks Pokka and Sprintist for the suggestion. I will go back there and try the shots again this weekend. ;p

I agree with sprintist on removing the distraction on the bottom left hand corner. Personally, I find the patch of grass on the left distracts my attention away from the pathway. It is a good concept though! Try taking more shots from various angles and DOF. :)

From your title - Pathway to Tranquility. I can only see the pathway, but no tranquility.

Perhaps what you can do is to shoot at a smaller aperture, thus bringing out more of the background(tranquility).

yar no tranquility, i can feel loneliness and quietness though. Discard that white distraction at the bottom. Try either more pebbles or more trees whichever you might like..50times on several days that is alot of shots in total!

increase ur aperture value too to show more of the trees anyway this is landscape =D

Try including peaceful human elements perhaps a couple walking down the path or something

Perhaps that "missing something" is your choice of title. From the quotes above, it seemed that your image is missing the 'tranquility' part.
May I suggest another title.....the "Pathway to Zen" and this cropped version of your original image(hope you don't mind).
tranquility.jpg

One of the discipline in Zen is the constant searching for enlightenment to the meaning of our daily life and experiences.
Your perseverance in returning to do this shot 50 times could be your search for calmness and tranquility through photography.
You might want to look at some images here.

Thanks Bcool. I agree with you that cropping may make the picture better. Thanks for the advise. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.