Pastor Blasts Photographers During Wedding Ceremony

photoart

Feb 21, 2009
Singapore
www.facebook.com
[video=youtube_share;oReLN5nntKw]http://youtu.be/oReLN5nntKw[/video]

This reminded me of a wedding I shot in 2010.
We had a rehearsal one week before the actual wedding. Before everything started, the Pastor told me specifically that during the actual wedding vows that I can go anywhere other than directly behind him

FYI, the photographer responded on a couple of sites that featured the video:

KAMRUL HASAN
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013

Thank you, I am the photographer that crazy priest is yelling. I did speak with him before the ceremony, he told me “do not come in the aisle”, but when he started to argue I was actually at the back shooting with my 70-200mm. He did not warn bride and groom before either about his rules. Everybody including bride and groom was horrified with his strange behavior. After the ceremony everyone came up and thanked me to be cool. No one at the ceremony was happy with his strange behavior.

----

I don’t ever interrupt a ceremony, neither my intention was to do so. I did speak him before, asked him if there are any restrictions or rules, he told me “do not come in the aisle”, but when he started to argue I was actually at the back shooting with my 70-200mm. I wasn’t right next to the priest.

I’ve been shooting wedding for many years now. So I know where I should be and where I shouldn’t be. But when comes to ******* Priest like him. I have to go according to their rules. Because I didn’t want to ruin my bride and groom’s wedding day. But I did give him piece of mind right after the ceremony for being an *******. I know lot of people saying my shutter click sounded like a machine gun but that was due to microphones. There were three microphones. But I was shooting from far behind.

http://www.slrlounge.com/can-say-awkward-easily-avoidable-wedding-photography-mistakes#comments

The pastor is correct.
The wedding vows have religious significance.
If the photographer is not of that particular religion, (name is Kamrul Hasan, then probably not a Christian) then he does not understand.

The photographer was disruptive because the microphones picked up his shutter sound and amplified the sound, which interfered with the pastor's recitation of the religious verses.
The photographer was shooting at multiple frames per second and behaving like an idiot.
Even though cameras are digital nowadays, the manufacturers imitate the sound of film SLR cameras.

This explains why Leica M series film cameras are more suitable in some situations.

The pastor was polite in asking the photographer to leave.

Last edited:
Video Link: http://youtu.be/oReLN5nntKw

This reminded me of a wedding I shot in 2010.
We had a rehearsal one week before the actual wedding. Before everything started, the Pastor told me specifically that during the actual wedding vows that I can go anywhere other than directly behind him

No bloody respect for the ceremony. And the photographer still thinks he's right.......

The pastor is correct.
The wedding vows have religious significance.
If the photographer is not of that particular religion, (name is Kamrul Hasan, then probably not a Christian) then he does not understand.

The photographer was disruptive because the microphones picked up his shutter sound and amplified the sound, which interfered with the pastor's recitation of the religious verses.
The photographer was shooting at multiple frames per second and behaving like an idiot.
Even though cameras are digital nowadays, the manufacturers imitate the sound of film SLR cameras.

This explains why Leica M series film cameras are more suitable in some situations.

The pastor was polite in asking the photographer to leave.

Not starting a brand war here but perhaps the photographer's camera is the 5DMKIII shutter can be engaged to silent :)

1st, i feel the photog has no respect for the religion, worst he now call the priest crazy.
at the 1st time the priest ask him to leave he should have immediately leave!!

I experience these things firsthand as a friend / family of the groom/bride.
They often ask me to help taking pictures. But its impossible to get a good shot because the altar often flooded with photographers & assistants & uncle bobs.
Marriage ceremony don't feel sacred anymore.

Not starting a brand war here but perhaps the photographer's camera is the 5DMKIII shutter can be engaged to silent :)

Canon engineers are a God-fearing lot and they design their cameras with religious sensitivity.

That's why half of the world are embracing Canonism, a religion that is devoted to pure selfless visual pleasure. :)

funny how in Facebook everyone's defending the photographer :p

but i do agree that the priest lost his cool.

and remember, the guy only posted the part with the priest scolding him, not the whole scene. who knows what else he did beforehand.

Yes, there's always two sides to a story. The thing about modern media is that we can choose to present one side of the story and make one party the hero while the other party ends up a looser

Just look at how close the videographer is... Never never set up behind the minister. That area is called an Apse, usually the most sacred place in a church, or any ceremony. And the dude just set up right there behind the minister's head with a wide angle...

Just look at how close the videographer is... Never never set up behind the minister. That area is called an Apse, usually the most sacred place in a church, or any ceremony. And the dude just set up right there behind the minister's head with a wide angle...

Usually for the church weddings i attend, or even the traditional ones. No photographer will stand between the altar and official. It's disrespectful

Never risk disturbing the ceremony ... couple usually take that as most important event of their live ... not the photos.

Who knows if the photographer get an earful from the couple later on ..

just hope no new 'tactic' appears , with someone flying an AR Drone or Hexa-cam around during ceremony. :nono:

looking at the trend, there are lesser and lesser Americans/Europeans who actually respect religious rites. they just follow through the motions.

According to reports, doesn't sound like that happened.

Bride Noelle, now Mrs Ruehle, told MailOnline what happened next.
'We were both just shocked,' she said. 'I thought to myself what is he doing? Rob was shocked also but more concerned about how I felt which is why he looked over to me. He knew how much a religious ceremony meant to me.
'The rest of ceremony went on as we had rehearsed the night before. We only got married this past Saturday the 14th so we haven't seen any of the video yet. We were just sent the small clip that is on YouTube.'
She said that after the ceremony ended the priest tried to smooth things over with her and her new husband.
'[He] explained that he sees a lot of nervous young couples that get distracted by the photography and he wanted to prevent that. In this case though Rob and I were so in the moment we didn't even notice the camera noises.'
And thankfully, she added, everyone was able to make light of the situation, despite their shock.
'We were able to laugh about it right away as the bridal party immediately started making jokes and comments about it once the ceremony ended. It became a topic of conversation throughout the night,' she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ops-wedding-ceremony-shout-photographers.html

Agree, I seldom wander there unless arrowed for sunday service, but that's outdoor... Still count?

article-2426602-1821E76300000578-159_634x422.jpg

photog stated that ppl likened his shutter to that of a machinegun. i take this to mean he has a dslr with a high burst rate and he was using it at that time, on a static couple. Make sense meh to burst mode like machine gun in this situation, he wanna capture every facial moment uh. lols