Pasta-rrific

Sharpai101

Apr 10, 2010
Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
anything to make the shot better

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i hope to visually entice people with the food and make them salivate...

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
only used available light from the interior as it was already dark for any sunlight

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i kinda like it but it lacks something (omph factor?!)

DSC_1381.jpg

too much background and plate, too little food, particularly the blur plate edge.

too little pasta being shown, and pasta/mushroom looks dry

can consider taking a higher angle, and rotate the plate.

i do agree that the food looks dry...i forgot to add that this was taken prior to consuming the food that was ordered so no food styling was done.

How can this be avoided if I can't control the food preparation?

i do agree that the food looks dry...i forgot to add that this was taken prior to consuming the food that was ordered so no food styling was done.

How can this be avoided if I can't control the food preparation?
tilt the plate, as tiny little white specks of reflection on the mushroom etc, makes it looks shrivelled. varying the angle may help. juicy looking things, usually have uniformity in color and not little reflective specks

i feel the angle that you took of the food it not ideal as the rim of the plate is too high. just as someone pointed out - too little food. can try cropping the picture. but i still feel the biggest prob is the angle of which you took the food.

The food should be more oily(?) to show its details . And i think the plate should be horizontal . Its hard to tell with a slanted picture ( i know its special ) , but you see recipe books , they usually dont have slanted photos .

like most, i think the angle of the shot could have been better. too little of the food is showing, and i can see a (blurry) hand in the background. try taking from about 45 deg angle, and keep as many distracting things out of your shot as possible.;)