Past And Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored Dad

Jul 24, 2007
Singapore
Ok, finally pick up some guts to post a photo here, so that I can learn to improve.

This photo was taken during the Newbie Outing organised on 12 Aug 07. It was taken at the WWII Memoral just in front of the Rifles City.

It somehow captured my attention when I stood in this angle and felt a sense of 'creativty' came to me to compose this shot about 'Past and Future'. The reason why I chose to this angle was mainly to remind us that our country was built upon a past that was shed with blood by many others. It's the foundation of our nation building, thus, with the War memoral being placed as a larger proportion of the composition as compared to the modern commercial structures at the back.

Actually, I have another similar shot taken but there are two tiny 'black dots' in the blue sky, it can only be clearly seen when view in original size that the two black dots are two birds flying. But somehow, I think this one without the birds in the sky gives a little more 'feel' to me.

No PP work was done on the photo other than insert text. It's original as it can be.

Kindly give me your feedback so I may improve. Thank you all in advance.

1091094138_8c453ffc79_o.jpg

I like the composition and idea u have there. Nice~

Nice composition. Never saw this angle before. Well spotted.

circular polarizer....used to make the sky more blue.

it's a nice simple photo. nothing really technically wrong with it, but just doesnt spark my interest (even great photo's dont appeal to everyone).

to improve this photo i would do some basic post processing. levels, curves and saturation.

other than that, it's good! keep on posting your work when you can

circular polarizer....used to make the sky more blue.

it's a nice simple photo. nothing really technically wrong with it, but just doesnt spark my interest (even great photo's dont appeal to everyone).

to improve this photo i would do some basic post processing. levels, curves and saturation.

other than that, it's good! keep on posting your work when you can
Oh thanks, but I don't have any polarizer len, my len only fitted with the standard UV filter.

I did think of using PP work to make the sky more blue than ir originally is, but after trying a few attempts, the blue just don't appeal to me much, at least not to my preferences, thus I decided to leave it at it original state.

Noted and thanks for the tips, will go try out to make some adjustment and see if I get a better result.

Thank you again. Will try to post more photo in future whenever I find any photo that is 'got enough face' to show to all the experts here. Hehe... :bsmilie:

I think you need to take it with a higher f stop. The background smaller buildings are just slightly out of focus.

we seldom hv blue sky over sg...

maybe crop that bldg on the right instead of the bottom left of the tower..... otherwise it's good for me....:thumbsup:

I think you need to take it with a higher f stop. The background smaller buildings are just slightly out of focus.
Thanks, note your tips and will try it out next time, not with the same shot of course. Hehe...

we seldom hv blue sky over sg...

maybe crop that bldg on the right instead of the bottom left of the tower..... otherwise it's good for me....:thumbsup:
Thanks bro.

Ya, that day was a very hot morning, it was almost a cloudless blue sky we had.

Understood what you mean and yes, I should have pick that up and readjust the angle accordingly. Thanks again.

Good shot! like the shooting point...

Status
Not open for further replies.