Passport Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivre

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
I remember someone mentioning about how we can take our own potrait shots using our own DCs and developing them and cutting them into Passport photo size.... I can't seem to find the thread anymore :dunno:

Can anyone tell me what size to crop the portrait shots (How many Pixels by How many Pixels)???

How many such portrait shots should fit into one pic for developing???

And what size to develop the pics - 4R or 4DSC?? ?

not really answering your question but this is what I got from the SIR website for renewal of passport online.

The photo must be in colour, taken against a plain white background and show the full face without headgear. Headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features. The file size should be less than 40 KB, and the dimension has to be 400 by 514 pixels.

I use the 3:2 ratio. Put 9 of them (you can keep the original resolution) into one picture (1e 3 rows of three) and print as a 4R. When you cut it out, it's passport photo size. Cost of each = $0.35/9 = 3.8 cents.

If you take the passport photos at a photo booth, cost of each = $5/4 = $1.25.

For eg:

Siewpassport.jpg

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hhehhe...here we go again....:bsmilie:

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I use the 3:2 ratio. Put 9 of them (you can keep the original resolution) into one picture (1e 3 rows of three) and print as a 4R. When you cut it out, it's passport photo size. Cost of each = $0.35/9 = 3.8 cents.

If you take the passport photos at a photo booth, cost of each = $5/4 = $1.25.

For eg:

Siewpassport.jpg

:what:

Please note that standard passport size is 3.5*5cm, although many shops do a slightly larger one.
A 4R print is only 4*6 inch, or about 10X15cm.
Thus if will be better to just have 8 photos/4R at 2X4 matrix.
this will leave a white border around, which is a good practice as most shops will crop the border a little bit when printing.
Due to the croping, the size of each photo should be slightly smaller that 3.5*5cm if you set the image size in photoshop to 4R so that when you get back each photo will be exacly 3.5*5cm. Of course noboday will really care if the photo is a bit larger.

Does anyone know what size are IC photos then?

Status
Not open for further replies.