Passport photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdogbear

Hi all,

recently, i am trying out to develop my own passport photo via my DC.

I am using Gimp software like Photoshop but it is free...

First, I create a new layer named as BG in white as 4x6 inches
Second, I crop my photo into the passwport size as 35mmX45mm
Third, create a transparant layer at BG. Then, copy and paste my photo to this layer.

Then, I find one 4X6 in paper only can have 2 35mm X 45mm photos in....it doesn't match what those previously threads in this forum i.e. 3 in a row and 3 in a column = totally 9...

which approaches are correct?

thanks.

sorrie i don't have answers for your questions..

but I thought we could submit passports applications online???
erm...maybe just for those whose passports have expired or are going to expire, but... I just renewed my via internet.

:) :)

Originally posted by mrdogbear
Hi all,

recently, i am trying out to develop my own passport photo via my DC.

I am using Gimp software like Photoshop but it is free...

First, I create a new layer named as BG in white as 4x6 inches
Second, I crop my photo into the passwport size as 35mmX45mm
Third, create a transparant layer at BG. Then, copy and paste my photo to this layer.

Then, I find one 4X6 in paper only can have 2 35mm X 45mm photos in....it doesn't match what those previously threads in this forum i.e. 3 in a row and 3 in a column = totally 9...

which approaches are correct?

thanks.
hmmm that's how i do for mine, but i manage to squeeze 6 in. Did you check that the ppi for the 4X6in file and that of the individual foto is the same?

Originally posted by weg
hmmm that's how i do for mine, but i manage to squeeze 6 in. Did you check that the ppi for the 4X6in file and that of the individual foto is the same?

so far i didn't care abt their pixels....i use their size as measurment....so...i scale the photo as the 35mmx45mm then do copy and paste it into the 4x6in white background....is it correct?

Actually a 4R photo can fit 8 passport photos.

What you have to do is to take the pixel dimensions of the source image(35x45mm) and calculate the pixel dimensions of a (4R)102x152mm image relative to it.

Then paste the source image into the 4R image.

You should be able to fit 8 in with slight spacing.

I've done quite a few prints like that. In fact I crashed the computer at one lab coz I gave them a 8000x5000 image file.;)

Originally posted by mrdogbear
so far i didn't care abt their pixels....i use their size as measurment....so...i scale the photo as the 35mmx45mm then do copy and paste it into the 4x6in white background....is it correct?

I believe your problem is due to different resolution (eg 72dpi, 300dpi) in your "document/image" size. :)

You have to check and make sure both 4"x6" and your 35mmx45mm image resolution are the same.

btw, I am using photoshop, and I could fit 8 passport photos into a 4R template. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.