Passport photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdogbear

Hi all,

recently, i am trying out to develop my own passport photo via my DC.

I am using Gimp software like Photoshop but it is free...

First, I create a new layer named as BG in white as 4x6 inches
Second, I crop my photo into the passwport size as 35mmX45mm
Third, create a transparant layer at BG. Then, copy and paste my photo to this layer.

Then, I find one 4X6 in paper only can have 2 35mm X 45mm photos in....it doesn't match what those previously threads in this forum i.e. 3 in a row and 3 in a column = totally 9...

which approaches are correct?

thanks.

sorrie i don't have answers for your questions..

but I thought we could submit passports applications online???
erm...maybe just for those whose passports have expired or are going to expire, but... I just renewed my via internet.

:) :)

weg

Jul 10, 2002
WSSS
www.kelvinseow.com
Originally posted by mrdogbear
Hi all,

recently, i am trying out to develop my own passport photo via my DC.

I am using Gimp software like Photoshop but it is free...

First, I create a new layer named as BG in white as 4x6 inches
Second, I crop my photo into the passwport size as 35mmX45mm
Third, create a transparant layer at BG. Then, copy and paste my photo to this layer.

Then, I find one 4X6 in paper only can have 2 35mm X 45mm photos in....it doesn't match what those previously threads in this forum i.e. 3 in a row and 3 in a column = totally 9...

which approaches are correct?

thanks.
hmmm that's how i do for mine, but i manage to squeeze 6 in. Did you check that the ppi for the 4X6in file and that of the individual foto is the same?

M

mrdogbear

Originally posted by weg
hmmm that's how i do for mine, but i manage to squeeze 6 in. Did you check that the ppi for the 4X6in file and that of the individual foto is the same?
so far i didn't care abt their pixels....i use their size as measurment....so...i scale the photo as the 35mmx45mm then do copy and paste it into the 4x6in white background....is it correct?

Zerstorer

Jul 8, 2002
Actually a 4R photo can fit 8 passport photos.

What you have to do is to take the pixel dimensions of the source image(35x45mm) and calculate the pixel dimensions of a (4R)102x152mm image relative to it.

Then paste the source image into the 4R image.

You should be able to fit 8 in with slight spacing.

I've done quite a few prints like that. In fact I crashed the computer at one lab coz I gave them a 8000x5000 image file.;)

Mocha

Oct 9, 2002
Florida SG
www.pbase.com
Originally posted by mrdogbear
so far i didn't care abt their pixels....i use their size as measurment....so...i scale the photo as the 35mmx45mm then do copy and paste it into the 4x6in white background....is it correct?

I believe your problem is due to different resolution (eg 72dpi, 300dpi) in your "document/image" size. :)

You have to check and make sure both 4"x6" and your 35mmx45mm image resolution are the same.

btw, I am using photoshop, and I could fit 8 passport photos into a 4R template. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom